Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Pastor Calls for Execution of Gays – Then Introduces Ted Cruz at Conference

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Gee whiz, all of them probably wish they had said and done things differently and not associated themselves with certain people and events, especially when it comes back to bite them.

Ted says he is the only one (Anointed One? :jester:) who can beat Trump and Pantsuit, oh really...............the news media is digging up anything and everything they can find. Even if a candidate didn't say or agree to it, guilt by association.

This event was last NOV. What else lurks out there is anyone's guess.

Now, I'm not suggesting Cruz endorsed this rant in any way shape or form. He was at the event and his father also spoke there.

Just sayin........it can and will be used by the news media (and Dems if he is nominated) to stir up trouble and get higher ratings.


http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2016/03/video-reveals-pastor-calls-for-execution-of-gays-then-introduces-ted-cruz-on-stage/
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
«1

Replies

  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,126 Senior Member
    From what I understand, the pastor was speaking at a religious freedom conference. He said that the bible said that homosexuals are worthy of death (as all sinners are), and that he was not ashamed of the word of God. Since this was a religious freedom conf. he then said he was willing to go to jail for the bible.

    Not exactly calling for the execution of gays. But really bad optics, and will play bad for low information"I only read the headlines" crowd
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I guess what I'm sayin is don't cast stones if you live in a glass house and ALL of them, both REP and DEM need to remember that before they and their minions open their pie holes making accusations.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Nice editing on their part. They completely ommitted what was said between the time he quoted the bible and introduced Cruz.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    From what I understand, the pastor was speaking at a religious freedom conference. He said that the bible said that homosexuals are worthy of death (as all sinners are), and that he was not ashamed of the word of God. Since this was a religious freedom conf. he then said he was willing to go to jail for the bible.

    Not exactly calling for the execution of gays. But really bad optics, and will play bad for low information"I only read the headlines" crowd
    He goes on to say that adulterers and divorcees are just as guilty as homosexuals but that was edited out.

    It is a dishonest hit piece. End of story.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Watch the second video of the preacher he clearly says homosexuals are worth of death as he rants about Harry Potter and training your dragon, the one marked

    Maniac Pastor Begs God To Forgive Us For Dumbledore about the 1:42 mark he clearly says (quotes a Bible Verse) for the death of homosexuals.

    starts with a radio host, at first.

    At any rate, Guilt by Association and some sound bites will convey the message they want to get out.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,090 Senior Member
    Its exactly the kind of thing I'd expect from a Christainist. The Islamists say similar things.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I am by no means a Biblical scholar, the preacher was referring to this and said so in his video.

    Leviticus 20:13

    http://biblehub.com/leviticus/20-13.htm

    New International Version
    "'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

    New Living Translation
    "If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

    English Standard Version
    If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

    New American Standard Bible
    If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

    King James Bible
    If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    The dude is no doubt a whack job. If you want to hear him in a little less heavily edited (but still edited) context, go here to 8:17...

    http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/watch/anti-gay-pastor-event-hosts-3-gop-candidates-563178051820

    Guilt by association-- That is your strategy of slinging enough crap around in an effort to make everyone else smell as bad a Trump does.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Glad Trump wasn't introduced by that preacher........or else it would have ALL BEEN TRUE :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    The dude is no doubt a whack job. If you want to hear him in a little less heavily edited (but still edited) context, go here to 8:17...

    http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/watch/anti-gay-pastor-event-hosts-3-gop-candidates-563178051820

    Guilt by association-- That is your strategy of slinging enough crap around in an effort to make everyone else smell as bad a Trump does.

    I don't have a strategy, merely pointing out what can and is happening this election and that it is hard to sometimes believe what we think we just saw and heard after they put spin on it. Take a little fact, edit it, mix in some half-truths and roll the tape as you make commentary.

    I know Cruz supporters on here don't want to see or hear about this and will say move on, nothing here. Funny how that works ain't it?

    Just sayin get ready, not only if Trump wins the nomination, if Cruz wins the attacks may very well be just as bad as those or worse already being used against Trump, but not by his own party, I assume.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    This guilt by association crap needs to stop. It's one thing if they're confirmed close friends with someone, but really no politician can police all the people who support or donate to a campaign. There are a lot of terrible people it the world. You can't avoid then all.

    I agree..........you voting for my man Trump now?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Guilt by association didn't slow Obama down. Remember Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright?
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    If Ted wins the REP nomination I will surely vote for him. He is my second choice behind Trump, that's all.


    I keep hearing Donald can't beat Pantsuit and Cruz says 60 some odd % of REP have voted against him in the primaries, well Ted hate to tell you, they haven't put you in the lead at all.

    I think after tomorrow we will know a lot more and Trump will gain in delegates big time. FL will go to Trump, Ohio a toss up, but other states are in play too. It very well could be that none of them get to the magic number of 1237 to win going into the convention, but surely one will have a clear majority and then several different scenarios can play out.

    Whatever they do, they/we need to unite and defeat the DEMs in the general election.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Guilt by association didn't slow Obama down. Remember Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright?


    Very true.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    So will you on here pledge to support the REP nominee whoever that turns out to be?

    Even IF your choice tries to run on a 3rd party ticket?

    Any of them from the original 17 contenders are leaps and bounds better than Pantsuit, Bernie or whomever they may try and drag out out to run if the Witch gets indicted or otherwise has to drop out.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I know Cruz supporters on here don't want to see or hear about this and will say move on, nothing here. Funny how that works ain't it?
    Really? You bring up Cruz being born in Canada. There is no doubt about his eligibility to be president and you suggest that there might be some merit to it. Someone brings up that Cruz hired a guy that at one point hired an illegal alien or two-- not in association with Cruz's campaign-- and conclude because of that, they are all dirty. Now you go saying that since Cruz was introduced by a freaking nut job at a religious freedom conference, he supports the execution of homosexuals. You sling crap around that is known crap, then act like there is some possible merit to it. It is getting old.

    Then when crap is brought up against Trump, with good evidence backing it up, it gets ignored or we are told it is good business, or he has changed.

    There is no doubt that we all have our biases in this campaign, but I would hope that we could do a better job of sticking to more factual information.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    So will you on here pledge to support the REP nominee whoever that turns out to be?
    I vote for (or against) individual candidates, not political parties. Parties have changed over the years and are changing as we speak. There is nothing saying that a party representing my views today will be the same tomorrow so I can't make that pledge.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,090 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Guilt by association didn't slow Obama down. Remember Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright?

    Yes I certainly do!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I did not say Cruz supports the execution of homosexuals Jerm, go back and reread my post I said the following.

    "Now, I'm not suggesting Cruz endorsed this rant in any way shape or form. He was at the event and his father also spoke there."

    Why is it crap when I point out something? I guess it depends on who you support doesn't it?

    I guess I shouldn't remind you Obammy said when the Canadian PM was visiting last week in a news conference something to effect that where else can a man born in Calgary run for POTUS, but in the United States.

    I respect your viewpoints and opinions and am all for you and anyone else disagreeing with me, but like Wambli said we should try and keep it civil. Politics and religion discussions can get heated.

    Your posts and many others have me reevaluating my stance and I have, but still have come to the conclusion I am a Trump supporter for just as many reasons as you are not when I look at the big picture.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,090 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    ...Cruz was introduced by a freaking nut job at a religious freedom conference, he supports the execution of homosexuals...

    At the very least, Cruz should have clarified the point immediately upon taking the podium. And maybe he did - I wasn't there. It begs the question as to WHY was he associating with a "nut job" in the first place? Same question as Obama and Wright.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I wonder if the Mods can just delete every post I have ever made in the Political/2A forum Not that I'm ashamed or think I was wrong in voicing my opinions or they are misguided, but because it is beginning not to be worth it with all the ill feelings/friction between folks who otherwise get along just fine.

    We all need to :chill: :chill: :chill: me included.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Besides, what y'all think this is a Trump Rally :jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    At the very least, Cruz should have clarified the point immediately upon taking the podium. And maybe he did - I wasn't there. It begs the question as to WHY was he associating with a "nut job" in the first place? Same question as Obama and Wright.
    If you watch the unedited, or lesser edited version of the video, he is not actually calling for the execution of homosexuals. Cruz had nothing to clarify. Nut jobs? It comes with the territory. Huckabee and Jindal spoke at the same conference.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I wonder if the Mods can just delete every post I have ever made in the Political/2A forum Not that I'm ashamed or think I was wrong in voicing my opinions or they are misguided, but because it is beginning not to be worth it with all the ill feelings/friction between folks who otherwise get along just fine.

    We all need to :chill: :chill: :chill: me included.
    Don't sweat it Chief. Again, what is said in this forum stays in this forum. Some people don't like what happens here and they stay out of this forum for that reason. Personally, I feel that to be a good forum, people should be able to passionately engage in the issues or it is essentially pointless. If someone gets butthurt, they need to grow thicker skin, grow up, or stay out of the political forum (or all three).

    It heats up here every four years during the primary season. Nothing new. It will calm down again in a couple months or so. No biggie and nothing personal.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,090 Senior Member
    I disagree. There is no reason whatsoever for any Pol to associate with nutjobs - or to at least clarify when they "accidentally" find themselves with one. I haven't been paying close attention this season - have any of the Rs spoken at BJU yet? Romney - whatever else can be said for or against him - was the only R *NOT* to speak at BJU last time. *shrug*
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I did not say Cruz supports the execution of homosexuals Jerm, go back and reread my post I said the following.

    "Now, I'm not suggesting Cruz endorsed this rant in any way shape or form. He was at the event and his father also spoke there."
    My sincere apologies. I did misquote you.
    Big Chief wrote:
    I guess I shouldn't remind you Obammy said when the Canadian PM was visiting last week in a news conference something to effect that where else can a man born in Calgary run for POTUS, but in the United States.
    That was actually pretty funny and clever of Obama. That was a jab at the birthers and their biggest mouthpiece, Donald Trump, pointing out how absurdly he was treated 5 years ago.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,090 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Don't sweat it Chief. Again, what is said in this forum stays in this forum. Some people don't like what happens here and they stay out of this forum for that reason. Personally, I feel that to be a good forum, people should be able to passionately engage in the issues or it is essentially pointless. If someone gets butthurt, they need to grow thicker skin, grow up, or stay out of the political forum (or all three).

    It heats up here every four years during the primary season. Nothing new. It will calm down again in a couple months or so. No biggie and nothing personal.

    Well put.

    To quote Hyman Roth: "Its nothing personal, its just business!". :tooth:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,633 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I am by no means a Biblical scholar, the preacher was referring to this and said so in his video.

    Leviticus 20:13

    http://biblehub.com/leviticus/20-13.htm

    New International Version
    "'If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

    New Living Translation
    "If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

    English Standard Version
    If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

    New American Standard Bible
    If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

    King James Bible
    If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.


    Not to split hairs, but these quotes are neither Christian, nor 'Christianist'. They are from the book of Leviticus. In the Old Testament. You know, BEFORE the birth of Christ?

    Christ's view on putting someone to death was a bit more forgiving, for lack of a better word..."Let he who is without blame cast the first stone".

    Just sayin'
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    I disagree. There is no reason whatsoever for any Pol to associate with nutjobs - or to at least clarify when they "accidentally" find themselves with one.
    One person's nutjob is another person's male belly dancer. Because both of us are firearm enthusiasts, we are considered nutjobs by some. Christians (even ones I think are nuts and disagree with) deserve to be represented just as much as Muslims, Jews, atheists, homosexuals, gunowners, belly dancers, and even BLM folks do. That is what being American is about.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement