Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Converted another one

ArmoredmanArmoredman MemberPosts: 362 Member
Best friend showed up to the range yesterday unexpectedly with her sister, who had never pulled a trigger in her 30+ years. I wasn't really set up for teaching new shooters,(I am NOT an NRA certified instructor, so I just did my best), but dug in, safety briefing, nomenclature, controls, sight alignment, stance, etc., and set her up on my CZ SP-01 Phantom. Here is the cell phone pic taken by my friend. Yes, she is wearing hearing protection.

Lisa%20with%20Phantom_zpsinrfc6qx.jpg

The young lady listened, paid attention, followed directives and was safe on the line. I knew she was hooked when, just before they left, she asked if she could run a few more through the Phantom. She's going back to Texas soon and is going to look for some professional teaching over there. Always nice to get a new shooter into the mix of things, especially on the spur of the moment. :cool:

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Good for you and her. :applause::applause: :guns: :guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    Well done!
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.