Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Boehner endorses.... Paul Ryan? Wait... What?

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 12,068 Senior Member
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/boehner-endorses-paul-ryan-for-president-220855

These dirtbags just don't get it. This is the mindset that has given rise to the Trumpening.
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,068 Senior Member
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    So, Boehner plays golf with Donald Trump, and thinks Cruz is Lucifer. Who is the Washington outsider in this equation?
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/17/ryan-says-open-gop-convention-more-likely.html?intcmp=hpbt1

So, Ryan told Boehner to knock it off... At least that is a good outcome. But he then confirmed that they are getting ready for a contested convention.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    I don't understand how these idiots can be so out of touch that they think a brokered convention with all the shitfighting associated with it will keep hildabeast out of the white house. Are they really that stupid to think people will come out after that mess and vote just cause someone they pick has an R next to their name? Have they not learned anything the last two elections?
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    And your second to last question..... YES.
    Apparently Bamaak hasn't been reading this forum very much. It is a resounding yes!
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    Why wouldn't they think folks would vote 'R', no matter what??
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Why wouldn't they think folks would vote 'R', no matter what??

Because this is about the PARTY! Not about the ideals and freedoms that this country was based on!

Ignore all that freedom and bill of rights stuff... vote R, because if you don't, D will win!
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Because this is about the PARTY! Not about the ideals and freedoms that this country was based on!

Ignore all that freedom and bill of rights stuff... vote R, because if you don't, D will win!

And if D wins, what then?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »

We just survived seven long years of 'D', reasonably intact. As much as I don't want Hillary in the big chair, we'll get past that too. Do I want her appointing Scalia's replacement? No...but we'll survive that as well.

Frankly, I am not convinced that Trump can beat Hillary...in fact, I'm still not sure he beats anyone head to head.

You're worried that a vote for anybody other than Trump elects Hillary, I'm concerned that a vote for Trump elects...Trump.
    George Carlin
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »

I hope Alec can find a place for a mechanic/gunsmith to roost- - - - -Maybe New Zealand is far enough away that the stink of a rotting country can't get there!
    Jerry
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    REASONABLY INTACT?!?!?!?!?! Have you looked at the National debt lately???? One more term like the last eight years and this country will never be able to down pay our debt. EVER!!!!

Don't sweat it. We'll just declare bankruptcy. It's a sound move for a businesslike nation. :wink:
    George Carlin
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Don't sweat it. We'll just declare bankruptcy. It's a sound move for a businesslike nation. :wink:

We could also start forcibly taking land to help pay for it. You gotta do what you gotta do to succeed.
    We could also start forcibly taking land to help pay for it. You gotta do what you gotta do to succeed.

Or we can cede Taiwan to China - that ought to be worth a few trillion, or we can hire out our military as a mercenary force.

Let's make a deal!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,187 Senior Member
    Some folks have become so Anti Trump, they have forgotten the Pro side of anything.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Some folks have become so Anti Trump, they have forgotten the Pro side of anything.

I think we're mostly anti 'sides'.
    George Carlin
    Diver43 wrote: »

I have been trying to pick decent politicians since 1976, and I've noticed that we haven't had very good luck with the ones who have changed sides on so many issues. Maybe we will luck out this one time.
    I think we're mostly anti 'sides'.

What I mean by this is voting for the letter is stupid. At least make the bastards assume they have to work for your vote.
    George Carlin