Martin Riggs (Lethal Weapon) was at the range today

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 1,353 Senior Member
My wife and I and our youngest decided to head out to local indoor range today for some fun pistol shooting before out youngest heads back off to college tomorrow. In comes this guy, by his cut, build and haircut you'd think arm forces of some branch, after he shot you'd swear special forces of some kind. The range boss was quietly telling everyone to watch his warm shots. He sent the target down to the end of the range which was 25 yards. Drew his H&K out and sent out 9 rounds down range in about 6 or 7 seconds. He retrieved his target for which he put in two eyes, a nose and 6 rounds for a smiley face just like Riggs did in the Lethal Weapon movie. Flippn unreal shooting. This guy was incredible, found out from a couple folks at the range he was a former Navy seal for 10 years! Best shot I've ever seen, it was just fun watching him work through his routine and the arsenal he brought.
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,518 Senior Member
    Neat when folks can shoot that good.

I remember targets from the 50s and 60s where they would shoot a brass or tin sheet of metal with a .22 like a connect the dots drawing and have a pic of an Indian head or buffalo and have a wall hangings to display.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,320 Senior Member
    I was at the NRA range a few years ago with a buddy, and saw something similar. This young guy, well built, comes in, unpacks his gear, and sends a target out to about 15 yards.

He then squares off, looks at the target for a few seconds, and then executes a perfect draw from under his T-shirt and sends off a double-tap to the chest and one to the head. He lowers to low ready, then reholsters.

What was amazing to watch was his draw: in the space of about half a second, he pulls up his shirt covering the pistol (a Glock 19 as I recall), draws, and then almost slowly puts his hands together in a isosceles stance and fires. The chest shots were almost touching, and the head shot was right between the eyes.

We were told later by the RO that he was a federal agent of. Some sort, but he was about the cleanest shooter I've ever seen. Totally absorbed in his shooting, and always with the same, fast-slow motion presentation.

He reminded me of Wyatt Earp's statement: "Take your time as fast as you can."
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,162 Senior Member
    Jeff in TX wrote: »
    My wife and I and our youngest decided to head out to local indoor range today for some fun pistol shooting before out youngest heads back off to college tomorrow. In comes this guy, by his cut, build and haircut you'd think arm forces of some branch, after he shot you'd swear special forces of some kind. The range boss was quietly telling everyone to watch his warm shots. He sent the target down to the end of the range which was 25 yards. Drew his H&K out and sent out 9 rounds down range in about 6 or 7 seconds. He retrieved his target for which he put in two eyes, a nose and 6 rounds for a smiley face just like Riggs did in the Lethal Weapon movie. Flippn unreal shooting. This guy was incredible, found out from a couple folks at the range he was a former Navy seal for 10 years! Best shot I've ever seen, it was just fun watching him work through his routine and the arsenal he brought.

I tried that with my AK for one of the forum target shoots, I did not post the target.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,679 Senior Member
    One of my old RO's favorite sayings was, "slow down, you can't miss fast enough to win a gun fight" robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,205 Senior Member
    The one and only time I pulled anything like that off was thankfully when I took the daughters boyfriend to the range.

People that can shoot consistently like that have my respect. Verry kool to watch
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JeffnBamaJeffnBama Member Posts: 204 Member
    Amazing! thought shooting like was just Hollywood. I do good to hit paper at 25ft :applause:
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Support your local Scouts!