Home Main Category Personal Defense

A r15 info

Scout54Scout54 New MemberPosts: 1 New Member
I acquired an ar from my dad I would like to know it's worth is there a website I can join to give pertinent info or have I already found it?

Thanks scout54

Replies

• BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,385 Senior Member
    www.gunbroker.com will give you a decent feel for current market values. . .assuming you've got a factory original gun. Much of what's out there today are home-builts, or at least heavily accessorized by the end-user. All of that will factor into value.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    Scout, if you could post a few pictures of it, we could probably give you a good ball park guess...
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    What does it matter? Shoot it and have fun. Oh, between $700-850 second hand. Now shoot it and dont worry about value. It's an AR with fancy name.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,809 Senior Member
    Honestly, unless it's a Colt, Daniel Defense, Lewis Machine and Tool, LaRue, Knight, etc build (IE higher cost initially) it depends on the accessories almost entirely.

Like the fellow above said, shoot it and enjoy. Unless it's New In Box (NIB) you probably aren't going to hurt the value any, plus AR's are fun!
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski