Trump campaign manager charged with simple battery

Replies

• toymachinetoymachine Senior Member Posts: 761 Senior Member
    For some reason whatever he says still makes him come out smelling like a rose, but anyone else doesn't get away with it. Truly the "Teflon Don" I suppose.

I've driven by feedlots that smell better than what that guy's shoveling.
    "Is 'milk bottle' literally a racist term?"
    "It is now." - Jack Fraggs
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,592 Senior Member
    Just a thought. If the GOP would spend its time demonizing hillary instead of one of its own and let the R voters decide who they want to nominate, just maybe we can get the Ds out of the whitehouse. Hillary must be jumping for joy because Trump has the headlines and not her and all illegal things she has done.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,084 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Just a thought. If the GOP would spend its time demonizing hillary instead of one of its own and let the R voters decide who they want to nominate, just maybe we can get the Ds out of the whitehouse. Hillary must be jumping for joy because Trump has the headlines and not her and all illegal things she has done.
    A lot of truth here, but I'll just point out that maybe part of the issue is that the GOP, or some members thereof, aren't convinced that Trump is a Republican? I'll admit... I'm not. Been registered as an Rep. since I turned 18. Which is over half my life.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,623 Senior Member
    A lot of truth here, but I'll just point out that maybe part of the issue is that the GOP, or some members thereof, aren't convinced that Trump is a Republican? I'll admit... I'm not.

Trump is trying to be a conservative, whether permanently or just to get the nomination, I can't honestly say. But the problem he has is that he has been a liberal Democrat for so long that he is still buying in to the Democrat narrative of what a conservative is. So, when he thinks he is acting like a conservative, he is really just acting like the liberal caricature of what a conservative is. It has to be very confusing.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Trump is trying to be a conservative, whether permanently or just to get the nomination, I can't honestly say. But the problem he has is that he has been a liberal Democrat for so long that he is still buying in to the Democrat narrative of what a conservative is. So, when he thinks he is acting like a conservative, he is really just acting like the liberal caricature of what a conservative is. It has to be very confusing.

:win:
    It's because I hate Trump.
    I still say that we have gone back and forth enough. Some like one person some another and some absolutely hate one or the other. It is time to let them say what they will without the media misquoting, broadcasting partial stories erc. Let the people nominate who they will and work on the real opposition and primary objective. Get the Democrats out of the Whitehouse and Hillary behind bars or at the least publicly disgraced and sent home. Has everyone forgotten how bad a Clinton administration can be? They are good at being corrupt, imagine her in the oval office.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,119 Senior Member
    It is only April. There will be plenty of time before November to bitch about the eventual Democratic nominee. Clinton (while the likely nominee) hasn't sealed the deal yet. Nobody has sealed the deal for Republicans either so there is plenty of bitching to go before that concludes. Merica!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,112 Senior Member
    toymachine wrote: »
    I've driven by feedlots that smell better than what that guy's shoveling.
    LOL. at least you didn't say landfill.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I still say that we have gone back and forth enough. Some like one person some another and some absolutely hate one or the other. It is time to let them say what they will without the media misquoting, broadcasting partial stories erc. Let the people nominate who they will and work on the real opposition and primary objective. Get the Democrats out of the Whitehouse and Hillary behind bars or at the least publicly disgraced and sent home. Has everyone forgotten how bad a Clinton administration can be? They are good at being corrupt, imagine her in the oval office.

If you stop the process, today, and hold the election, tomorrow, Trump loses in a landslide to Hilary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.

You can't just stop because you're ahead. Trump ran up big leads when the media was giving him hundreds of millions of dollars worth of free coverage that his opponents did not get. Now, they have heard everything he knows hundreds of times, and it's not news any more, unless he screws up. So they are treating him more like they've treated the other candidates. He has to finish strong, to win, either before or during the convention. That is exactly what is supposed to happen. All the whining is about him wanting more special treatment.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Since assault is the threat of committing harm, and she was creating an issue, I believe she should be charged with assault, him with simple battery, and throw them both out of court.

D

I have seen assault cases of complaint, cross complaint, the D's would threaten to process both parties with charges and cow both parties into dropping charges.

In High School, I was attacked by three boys, I had a Me pair of home made Nun Chucks, I made them out of broom stick and a lamp cord wire into holes I drilled in the ends, and I beat on all three bigger than me boys, I kept slapping them offside the Haid ! wap wap wap wap, I laid about Me like a fiend, wap wap wap wap wap !

When they got tired of me beating on them, they ran off, and went sniveling to the Police Officer on duty at the school, I got called down, I could not believe these thugs would run to a Cop, so he asked if I had used a weapon on them, I pulled out my home made chucks and handed it over, he told me the others were pressing charges. ( Now this is a NYPD police Officer, NYC's smartest )

So I ask him, come on now, look at me, skinny, I weigh 110 pounds, and look at them, all bigger than me, does it make any sense that I would attack them with a stick ?

He agreed with me and walked over to the three guys talked quietly with them for a minute or two and came back to me,
    Well they agree, if you agree not to press charges, neither will they, at the time, I was fine with that, however, it sure was NOT justice.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,165 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Mebbe Trump doesn't make his leg tingle?

Should Matthews have asked him boxers or briefs? Tastes great, or less filling? He asked the question the way he did because he doesn't like Republicans and frigging HATES The Donald. That's what he gets paid to do, make guys like Don look stupid...and Don helped. Why? He helped because he was trying to deliver another Trumpism to his base so they could cheer and shake their fists at the TV and thump their chests. He didn't think for one second that Matthews would not be quite as compliant as the media had been previously. The tide is turning and Donald doesn't have the chops to spot the current. This was a fairly simple question from a mid-range puddle head like Matthews, and he doinked it. What will happen when the question isn't a softball, or the questioner isn't a doofus?

Matthews has always asked presidential candidates. since the Clinton presidency. He asked G.W. Bush, "Boxers or Briefs?" Bush said "Boxers." He asked Obama, "Boxers or Briefs?" Obama said "Briefs." He asked Bernie Sanders, "Boxers or briefs?" Bernie replied, "Depends."
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    bisley wrote: »
    If you stop the process, today, and hold the election, tomorrow, Trump loses in a landslide to Hilary Clinton or Bernie Sanders.

You can't just stop because you're ahead. Trump ran up big leads when the media was giving him hundreds of millions of dollars worth of free coverage that his opponents did not get. Now, they have heard everything he knows hundreds of times, and it's not news any more, unless he screws up. So they are treating him more like they've treated the other candidates. He has to finish strong, to win, either before or during the convention. That is exactly what is supposed to happen. All the whining is about him wanting more special treatment.
    Bisley, if your top pick Cruz can not get the numbers to beat Trump, and you think Trump cant beat Hillary or Bernie what the heck makes you think Cruz can beat Hillary or Bernie? Or would you rather give the election away? Because you feel a certain way and anyone that feels differently is wrong?
    Bisley, if your top pick Cruz can not get the numbers to beat Trump, and you think Trump cant beat Hillary or Bernie what the heck makes you think Cruz can beat Hillary or Bernie?
    The poles make him think that. A national election between parties is entirely different than selecting a nominee within a party.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    The poles make him think that......

What do Pollacks have to do with this election? :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief wrote: »

Have you seen our candidates? They have everything to do with this election.:whip2:
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,119 Senior Member
    Not Poles silly, poles!!!
    a98225_pole-dancer_1-fat.jpg

And now we delve into the shadowy world of international espionage. Only a few short months 'til we're Poland's "puppet".
    Polak. If you're going to use a negative ethnic term, spell it right.
    Overkill is underrated.
    I like Polish sausage.

I reckon I have to come back and explain every thing I say on here just like Trump!

"The noun Polack (/ˈpoʊlɑːk/ or /-læk/; also Pollack, Pollock, Polock), in the contemporary English language, is a derogatory reference to a person of Polish descent"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polack
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Read the article and it CAN be taken and spelled a few different ways.

Of course, I meant it in the Shakespearean sense.........:tooth: :conehead::conehead:

"Shakespeare uses the term Polacks in his tragedy Hamlet to refer to opponents of Hamlet's father. A quote is given below:"

" Such was the very armour he had on
    When he the ambitious Norway combated:
    So frowned he once, when in an angry parle
    He smote the sledded Polacks on the ice"
    Read the article and it CAN be taken and spelled a few different ways.

Of course, I meant it in the Shakespearean sense.........:tooth: :conehead::conehead:

"Shakespeare uses the term Polacks in his tragedy Hamlet to refer to opponents of Hamlet's father. A quote is given below:"

" Such was the very armour he had on
    When he the ambitious Norway combated:
    So frowned he once, when in an angry parle
    He smote the sledded Polacks on the ice"
    Leading to numerous jokes in literature class, about "Polacks on Ice". (Rivaling Snoopy, Barney, and the Icecapades.)
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,419 Senior Member

Also, it's 'polls' for politics, not 'poles'. :jester:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    And Polish folks are supposed to be the less intelligent ones....:roll:
    Overkill is underrated.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,419 Senior Member

Meh. This is 'Merica, land of "Real Housewives" and professional wrestling. We can out-stupid anybody!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    As a wise man once said, there is a difference between being educated and intelligent. Occasionally an individual has both attributes, but it's rare. Just sayin......................
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,960 Senior Member

A feller what can't think up more 'n' one way to spell a word has got no imagination at all. And I'm sayin'. :tooth:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Bisley, if your top pick Cruz can not get the numbers to beat Trump, and you think Trump cant beat Hillary or Bernie what the heck makes you think Cruz can beat Hillary or Bernie? Or would you rather give the election away? Because you feel a certain way and anyone that feels differently is wrong?

Your candidate has not missed a single day, crowing about his position in the polls. The same polls show him losing badly against Hilary, and Cruz winning. You can't have it both ways - at least not forever.
    Trumps adversaries are crowing a lot too, hoping Wisconsin will be his Waterloo. Doubtful, but the losing teams are trying to cling on to any hope they can to make a breakthrough or hang on hoping for a contested Convention.

I for one hope either Trump (my first choice) or Cruz (my 2nd string pick of what's left) get the 1237 before the Convention for the sake of Republicans who really don't need all the infighting distractions.
    Do you want a Donald Trump that is emboldened because everyone bent over and grabbed their ankles - or one who has been through the fires of hell, and won, anyway?

If I have to vote for a Donald Trump to keep a Democrat from winning, I want to vote for one who has learned humility, and how things get done, in politics, without issuing royal decrees like the current learn-as-you-go president. Since I already know he is not a conservative, I want him to be pinned by his own statements on certain issues like 2A, amnesty, the Iran Treaty, etc.

Have you looked at it from that angle, yet, or do you just want to trust his word on everything?