Moving back to Indiana

HAWKENHAWKEN Senior MemberPosts: 1,688 Senior Member
Since my physical problems and my wife, a/k/a TKOTCB having a mild stroke, living in the greenest state in the land of the free is no longer viable. I hate to leave, I live in a beautiful place on 27 acres of woods, full of deer, turkeys, squirrels and quail, but we have relatives there and medical facilities are top rated and much closer. The kids and grandkids are looking forward to our return to Logansport. We closed on a house yesterday and sold this place today, for our asking price. I regret that I won't be able to attend the SE shoot this year but I read somewhere, long ago, that the best laid plans of mice and men are often lead astray.........robin :confused:
I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Sorry to see you go, but I'm sure it's probably for the best. Best of luck to you and yours, and if you happen to be back in the neighborhood for any reason, please stop by. It doesn't have to be a special occasion for us to enjoy the company of friends!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Best to you Hawken and your family. Don't be a stranger around this forum.

Life often takes many unanticipated twist and turns and all we can do is roll with the punches. Be safe!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,773 Senior Member
    You are doing the right thing for you and your family. Enjoy the grandkids back in Indiana.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,086 Senior Member
    Best of luck with the move!! I'm sure it was a hard choice! Will miss seeing you at the SE Shoot!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,190 Senior Member
    Sorry to see you go, and will miss you at the Shoot. But your reasons for moving back are the right ones. If y'all ever find yourself around East TN, give me a heads up! :up:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,750 Senior Member
    Best of luck with your move.
    I am sure it was a difficult decision, but for you and yours I am suremit is the correct one.
    We will miss you at the shoot, but lucky for us, you will still be able to continue to share your knowledge and experiences here
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,578 Senior Member
    Best wishes to you and your wife, I understand your reasons as I had to leave CO. for Fla. also for health reasons.

Since I'm not familiar with computer jargon please tell me what TKOTCB means ?

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    "The Keeper Of The Check Book!"

Gotta watch the guy who claims he's boss at home- - - - -he might lie about other things!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,085 Senior Member
    Best wishes to you and yours sir. Go to Indiana and make you some lemonade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Take care of the wife, and enjoy the grandkids. My wife has peeps in Northeast Indiana, not far from where you will relocate.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    :angel2:

Good luck Robin
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Best wishes.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,737 Senior Member
    Sounds like a good move for you both Robin. It just means I have to drive a few extra miles to come and visit but it also means I get to see some new country..............Win Win all around in my view.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 670 Senior Member
    Robin you will be sorely missed at the shoot but you know that just gives you a reason to come here at least once a year, so don't be a stranger! Best of everything to you sir, you have been an inspiration to us all!
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,408 Senior Member
    Good luck on the move, Robin. Sorry we won't get to see you this year.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.