Home Main Category General Firearms

Rem R-1 Reg or Commander $479 after $100 rebate............

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
I'm looking at a REM R-1 Commander all steel for $479 (after REM rebate) WOW good price.

I don't need another gun right now, do I? I owned a Colt Cdr years ago (30 years?) and sold it back to a friend for the same $300 he sold it to me for and wish I'd have kept it.

Also, same price for full size 1911.

Man, I'm tempted even though I need it like a hole in my haid.

Not the Carry model, standard Cdr.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    My son-in-law Steve was making the slides for them a couple of months ago in Huntsville.
    Jerry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    My son-in-law Steve was making the slides for them a couple of months ago in Huntsville.
    Jerry

Great price. Any feedback from shooters on how they are?

Actually, I got confused (Surprise Surprise) and was looking at the Carry model pics (more $$$) with Nite Sites/Novak sights and other enhancements. Still..............I dunno???
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Good price. I know a couple people who bought them when the first started saying "Made in Huntsville" on them. not heard any complaints. There are still people waiting on their rebates from Rem from the christmas ammo sale.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,742 Senior Member
    At that price I would do it if I wanted a 1911.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    At that price I would do it if I wanted a 1911.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the Ruger SS Cdr better, but then again it is more $$$$
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Good price. I know a couple people who bought them when the first started saying "Made in Huntsville" on them. not heard any complaints. There are still people waiting on their rebates from Rem from the christmas ammo sale.

If it's only been since Christmas, they're doing pretty good. When I bought Debbie's SR22, there was a rebate for a brick of ammo and another one for a magazine and they took almost a year to arrive. My shield had a rebate for a magazine and I got it in about a month.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Gun money "In The Bank" I reckon.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,661 Senior Member
    Link?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Link?

email says shows $479 after rebate it takes you to RK Guns. $9.99 Shipping and no transfer fee at their stores.

https://www.rkguns.com/remington-1911.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=email-2016-04-24-rem-1911&utm_campaign=rem-1911&utm_content=email-img-rem-1911
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,742 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I like the Ruger SS Cdr better, but then again it is more $$$$

The Ruger is a great gun if priced under $700. For the $800+ I see most places asking for it there are far better choices out there.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski