Home Main Category General Firearms

Help identifying an AR handguard

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 11,160 Senior Member
Wanting to replace this with something thinner and lighter. I'd like to see if I could find something that will just screw onto the existing barrel nut.

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Can't help, but I'm looking forward to my Ruger 556 having a collar you just unscrew and hand tight back down to remove/replace hand guards.

Of all the PITAs associated with detail cleaning (sometimes several days in a row until they were almost White Glove clean) M-16s in the Army that dang hand-guard pull down collar release sucked, especially when your hands were oily!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Carefull with that ruger collar BC, you only twist it a little, to much it will break.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Carefull with that ruger collar BC, you only twist it a little, to much it will break.

Fanger Tite, I've read. :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!