Home Main Category General Firearms

Friend not happy with TC customer serive

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
A friend bought a TC semi-auto .22, oh well over 10 years ago. Since day one the magazine has been finicky and jams. Good shooter when it works.

I forget the model number/name. Anyhow he calls them and asks about the magazine and was told they quit making that rifle and mags years ago, but have some for $100 bucks each!

He hung up and will sell the rifle.

Just another nail in their Customer Service Coffin to me as reported by many on here previously. They suck from every report and thing I have heard about them in recent years.

Didn't used to be that way.

YMMV, comments?
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,983 Senior Member
    TC Customer Service can suck on an anvil and gargle sand.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,906 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    TC Customer Service can suck on an anvil and gargle sand.
    Dont care for them much?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,983 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Dont care for them much?

We aren't the best of friends.
    :jester:
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • charlhrt1charlhrt1 Member Posts: 37 Member
    Who is TC so I can avoid them.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    charlhrt1 wrote: »
    Who is TC so I can avoid them.

Thompson Center
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,734 Senior Member
    I had one of those TC .22 rifles, I think the Classic. Beautiful rifle and extremely accurate. I bought extra magazines for it when they were available, didn't know they were $100 mags. I sold the rifle but still have one magazine.

The rifles are collectible. I traded mine for a good deal of money. I can't remember what for, but it's a desirable .22 rifle. Look it up. Anything to do with a collectible rifle is going to cost you more.

My advice is to do your own time. (Prison term, which means to attend your own needs.) You can choose to take up the cause for your friend, but I'm not sure this second-hand information serves what purpose. A gunsmith can correct the magazine problems in short order and for a lot less than $100. Colt no longer supports the Official Police, or the Detective Special, for that matter, but you don't hear me complaining.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I actually fired that rifle and it was very accurate. I think it came with a 5 or 10 round mag or maybe both. Their attitude and general customer service ticked him off. He has had trouble with it since day one.

Not second hand info.........it jammed the day we were shootin it too. That coupled with what I've seen on here and other forums about TC turns me off to their products. I was gonna buy one for myself back then. The talk was how a semi could shoot as good as a bolt .22 right outta the box.

I also made it very clear it was a friends rifle, not mine starting with the thread title...............
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,734 Senior Member
    I think my mag is a five round. I got about $600 for my rifle in trade. I couldn't say if it's reliable, since I don't think I've ever shot it, but the rifle was very reliable.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.