Home Main Category General Firearms

I'm Tacticool now, got a Black rifle

2»

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I see a money pit with no bottom with these things and all the stuff available for them and different ones to buy...........I just want one.

That's what I thought. Now I have seven different uppers with four different cartridges and two different sizes of AR. For those uppers I have five lowers in two sizes and three different configurations.

It is a very fun and interesting aspect of our chosen hobby.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Nice! I sincerely hope you didn't pay the $100 for that Ruger trigger.

I did, $102 is the cheapest I could find it. I saw others for the same and less, but some had things I wasn't sure about like longevity/compatibility issues. Bravo Company had one I was considering for about half that.

So being new to this AR game, I know the Ruger will work 100%............

Hey the pistol grip it comes with and a safety selector that I can use on any AR too..........wait I don't need that because I'm not gettin anymo of them......

http://shopruger.com/Ruger-Elite-452-MSR-Trigger/productinfo/90461/

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/micros/AR-Trigger/index.html

"The Ruger® Elite 452™ AR-Trigger is the perfect upgrade for any Modern Sporting Rifle*. including the Ruger® AR-556®, SR-556®, and SR-762™. This new two-stage trigger offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 lb. trigger pull and a lightweight hammer that enables a 30% faster lock time over standard MSR triggers. The Ruger® Elite 452™ also features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and includes a safety selector and all necessary pins and springs for easy installation. Packaged with an ergonomic, optimized trigger-reach, polymer pistol grip, the Ruger® Elite 452™ is shipped fully assembled in a polymer fire control housing which allows the trigger to be dry-fired prior to installation, and the assembly can also serve as a trigger manipulation training tool. As an added benefit, the pistol grip and safety selector switch packaged with the trigger can be installed on any Mil-Spec AR rifle lower as replacement parts. * Fits any MSR receiver with .154" trigger/hammer pins"
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    The temptation is going to be to 'temporarily' mount a scope on it...you know...just to see what it's 'accuracy potential' is. Then, you will probably want to 'work up a load' for it. Then you will wonder how much difference a free float barrel would make. If you descend to that level, there will be more ARs in your future. You still love your ranch rifle, at this point, but if the fever worsens, it will eventually end up in the 'classics' corner of your safe...where all the cobwebs reside. :jester:
    ojr wrote: »
    Very cool Big Chief now you just need this on top with next months clear Credit Card.
    http://nightforceoptics.com/nxs/2-5-10x42
    They work very well, I have one on a CZ bolt gun, ,it or one of the smaller objective variants if you prefer.

Nice scopes..........

Man, I ain't planning to go purple people eater huntin with it.............just regular Zombies and Commies and home invaders........... an expensive way to punch holes in paper targets and soda cans.........that's sorta insane ain't it :guns: :guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    bisley wrote: »
    The temptation is going to be to 'temporarily' mount a scope on it...you know...just to see what it's 'accuracy potential' is. Then, you will probably want to 'work up a load' for it. Then you will wonder how much difference a free float barrel would make. If you descend to that level, there will be more ARs in your future. You still love your ranch rifle, at this point, but if the fever worsens, it will eventually end up in the 'classics' corner of your safe...where all the cobwebs reside. :jester:

I was wondering what I'll do with my Ruger Ranch Rifle now..............I like it it for what it is and was intended to do.......
    The rear flip up sight does allow it to be stowed and the front sight can be used as what they call a Co-view something or the other with certain optics............
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    The rear flip up sight does allow it to be stowed and the front sight can be used as what they call a Co-view something or the other with certain optics............

All of that co-witness stuff is cool with a red dot optic, but if your eyes can't see the bulls eye at 50 yards, you start to question the logic of having a 0.5 MOA rifle that your old eyes will only let you shoot at 2 MOA.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,401 Senior Member
    :yousuck:

I am a danger to my credit card lately...........will pay it off AGAIN next month when the bill comes and hopefully I'm done with the bigger purchases fer awhile.

That's what I said last month too when I paid it off :tooth: :guns: :guns:

Here is a financial tip.

Since you already know what you owe, if you pay the CC off now it opens up the door for the next AR a month early. Just sayin...
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,831 Senior Member
    Look's like a nice rifle!! I saw the .308 version at the range last week, trigger was pretty decent and it was very accurate. I have an older Bushmaster (Windham) and went from red dot to scope and now flip up sights. I like the open sights the best, so far. Can get on target faster.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,717 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    What did you use in basic, a musket?.
    In high school and college we drilled with a M-1
    OCS & TBS we had the M-14
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia