Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

New Commiefornia Gun Grab Bill

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/04/27/ca-democrat-pushes-secret-gun-seizures-based-co-worker-complaints/

Not to sure how much I'd piss off my neighbors if I lived on the left coast ... it seems ANYONE could call if this thing passed. Your kid's teacher, church minister, local 7-11 clerk ...
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    How in the world do these people stay in office, even in California?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,640 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    How in the world do these people stay in office, even in California?
    You got me. I didn't vote for them. This state isn't going to Hell in a handbasket - its already there!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    Remember all those hippies that moved to California in the '60s and '70s? Well they grew up and became politicians. All that 'grass', uppers, downers, LSD, peyote, and psychedelic toad licking has come home to roost! Brain damage, don'tcha know. :rotflmao:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Brain damage, don'tcha know. :rotflmao:

Hard to damage something that wasn't there in the first place! When I was in the USAF in Commiefornia back in the 70's, hippie hunting in San Francisco was one of our favorite pastimes! The ones with the American flag patches sewed onto the butt of their military-surplus uniform pants got some special treatment- - - -and ended up with a shiny hiney and some major bruises!
    Jerry
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,823 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Hard to damage something that wasn't there in the first place! When I was in the USAF in Commiefornia back in the 70's, hippie hunting in San Francisco was one of our favorite pastimes! The ones with the American flag patches sewed onto the butt of their military-surplus uniform pants got some special treatment- - - -and ended up with a shiny hiney and some major bruises!
    Jerry
    peace_sign_rainbow_3.png
    tennmike wrote: »
    Remember all those hippies that moved to California in the '60s and '70s? Well they grew up and became politicians. All that 'grass', uppers, downers, LSD, peyote, and psychedelic toad licking has come home to roost! Brain damage, don'tcha know. :rotflmao:

Pretty much. Those that just didn't grow up here to start with, that is. I can remember well when San Francisco was the mecca for every kid of a certain age - which is why I can't stand the place to this day!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • LanceLance Member Posts: 149 Member
    That's not even the worst bit of legislation to come out of Cali in the past few weeks. This is:

California would be the first state in the nation to ask the federal government to allow immigrants in the country illegally to purchase health insurance through a state exchange under new proposed legislation.

Sen. Ricardo Lara (D-Bell Gardens) authored a bill that would have the state formally request the federal government to give permission for immigrants to pay for coverage through Covered California without cost to the state or federal government.

The federal permission would allow as many as 390,000 immigrants who earn an income too high to qualify for Medi-Cal to purchase healthcare through the exchange under the Affordable Care Act, Lara said.

The proposal, SB 10, has a good chance of passing the Legislature, coming just days after the Covered California board endorsed a proposal to apply for a waiver to allow immigrants in the country illegally to buy health insurance with their own money through the exchange.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-undocumented-immigrant-health-insurance-20160414-story.html

The Right in this country really needs to get their sh#t together, ASAP. Continuing to focus on bathroom laws and other silliness only serves to strengthen Dems, and horrid ideas like this are allowed to go unchecked.
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,419 Senior Member
    No its to save the Obama care..... plan was for 18-30 year olds to participate to help offset the costs for old people. Then they exempted the 18-26 year olds by saying they could stay on their parents plan. No cash flow coming in....plan fails, as intended. Forcing Congress to pass single payer government run health care! Scheming bastards.
    Lance wrote: »
    The Right in this country really needs to get their sh#t together, ASAP. Continuing to focus on bathroom laws and other silliness only serves to strengthen Dems, and horrid ideas like this are allowed to go unchecked.
    Yep. Leave the "social" issues to individual conscience, and concentrate on what really matters.

• FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 390 Member
    Reading through the comments on that article...and many times here as well, I have to question why self defense has become the defacto "reason" for the 2nd amendment. It's like people can't understand that the framers of the US Constitution intended that amendment to arm the people to fight the US Military/Government if revolution was required.

"I cannot believe that those men in their wisdom and intelligence would choose to burden future Americans at the mercy of these weapons with an insurmountable interpretation of the Second Amendment had they realized this."

That is the sort of mindset that has to be argued against. Even I as a Canadian understands that your 2ns amendment was written by men who had just fought an "organized militia" to gain freedom from the British crown, and fully intended the PEOPLE to be able to do so again, using the same equipment and weapons they may have to face.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Flashover wrote: »
    Reading through the comments on that article...and many times here as well, I have to question why self defense has become the defacto "reason" for the 2nd amendment. It's like people can't understand that the framers of the US Constitution intended that amendment to arm the people to fight the US Military/Government if revolution was required.

"I cannot believe that those men in their wisdom and intelligence would choose to burden future Americans at the mercy of these weapons with an insurmountable interpretation of the Second Amendment had they realized this."

That is the sort of mindset that has to be argued against. Even I as a Canadian understands that your 2nd amendment was written by men who had just fought an "organized militia" to gain freedom from the British crown, and fully intended the PEOPLE to be able to do so again, using the same equipment and weapons they may have to face.

They didn't know. They were using the stylish descriptive language of the day. And the militia was a big part of it back then. They wanted each man to be able to be part of a local militia as a threat to any potential tyrant that my have visions of taking over the country. Also, I believe the militia was just part of their reasoning. They also wanted all men to have a way of self defense. And there were other things to defend against such as wild animals and Native Americans (Indians) back then. Today our threats have changed in that we aren't so much afraid of wild animals within cities and towns but we have other forms of wild animals, the two legged ones. So nothing has really changed. We still have a lot of legitimate threats and we still need to be armed.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.