Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

WOW, TX welfare call

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 7,396 Senior Member
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,070 Senior Member
    Typical
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,927 Senior Member
    Unfortunately, Lucy makes some valid points. I think of it as the government plantation, with Lucy being one of the slaves.

The amount she gets from welfare may allow her and her family to get by, but $1300/month isn't exactly living large. She is living in poverty, and will live in poverty as long as she gets enough welfare to allow her this life style.

This just demonstrates the sad state of affairs our country is in.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Lucy makes some valid points. I think of it as the government plantation, with Lucy being one of the slaves.

The amount she gets from welfare may allow her and her family to get by, but $1300/month isn't exactly living large. She is living in poverty, and will live in poverty as long as she gets enough welfare to allow her this life style.

This just demonstrates the sad state of affairs our country is in.

Yeah, but Lucy's husband works AND gets benefits, so they could possibly get as much as $3500-$4000 per month. Not that ain't poverty here in Texas.

But, she makes several valid points. I do not blame her for what she does. I blame a Libtard leftist Dummycratic system that is all geared around buying votes. I believe if they took these benefits away from Lucy that she would be working within a month.

Tain't her fault! It's the Corrupt Government"s fault.

Also, if you're trying to say something about Texas here, everyone of us Texans on this Forum, including one who lives within Austin's Libtard Sphere of Influence and unreality, have many times told y'all that Austin is the Libtard Bastion of the State. You can go 5 miles down the road across the City Limit boundary and you will find some very conservative people, including all who are on this Forum.

Even within this little one horse town of 12,000+ is a very strong Dummycrap majority. This is because of the labor union at Alcoa. But even here, lately Republicans are winning local offices because people are beginning to see the light. Obummer may have been the best medicine we could have prayed for. A lot of People are seeing the light since he's been in office.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Lucy is right. What kind of sucker works when the difference between an earned and unearned lifestyle is so blurred? When the non-working poor enjoy decent heated and cooled housing, cars, cable or satellite infotainment, smartphone communications, good food, healthcare, free education, the full suite of utilities, and all the usual services of police and fire protection, trash collection, and so forth and so on, ad infinitum, ad nauseam, what is to be gained with putting in 160+ hours of hard work every month? A borderline middle-class lifestyle can be had and enjoyed for the asking. "Money for nuthin' and your chicks for free..."

OK, so the hard working taxpayer may own his home instead of renting, he might drive a better car, and enjoy a generally upgraded lifestyle. Big Whoop, because for all of that he must deal with all the uncertainties and anxieties of employment. Working husbands and wives see much less of each other, and much less of their children. That's a high price for not much.

The only incentive to work is if your income is large enough to get you things the poor and lower-middle classes can't have at all. A private plane, even a single-engine compact like a Cessna 150 will do. A large boat, or even a yacht. A second or third home in a resort community. Fine jewelry. Long vacations overseas to exotic destinations. You can afford concerts and plays and shows, and you can fly to Las Vegas or New York to see them. You can afford an expensive hobby or two. But if you don't care about any of that stuff, again, Big Whoop.

TANSTAAFL ... unless you're smart enough to gain the system.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    Your points are valid, horse...but for me, a little self respect is what motivates me. I don't want anything that I'm not providing for myself. Period. If that means I end up with a private plane someday (good luck) so be it. However, I'm just as happy without that...or a boat.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Your points are valid, horse...but for me, a little self respect is what motivates me. I don't want anything that I'm not providing for myself. Period. If that means I end up with a private plane someday (good luck) so be it. However, I'm just as happy without that...or a boat.

You, like me, are the victim of a proper upbringing. You were taught values, citizenship, and strong study and work ethics. Worse yet, you've been hoodwinked into believing that real self esteem and real self respect are earned through honest labor, making good life choices, keeping your word, and otherwise establishing a good reputation. Worst of all, you probably believe in God and love your country.

You would not be comfortable in the brave new world being crafted by the Obamas, the Clintons and the Sanders. However, you would be welcome, so that whatever wealth you have created and accumulated in your misguided life by capitalizing on your white privilege, can be redistributed to the victims you have exploited and oppressed. After all, you didn't build that.

T R U M P
    Or Cruz or Kasich
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    "He who will not work, neither shall he eat!"

That concept worked for centuries, then a jerk named Roosevelt came along. Things have been on a downhill slide ever since!
    Jerry
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    "He who will not work, neither shall he eat!"

That concept worked for centuries, then a jerk named Roosevelt came along. Things have been on a downhill slide ever since!
    Jerry

Yeah but even Roosevelt required people to work for that Government subsidy money. Idiots like Teddy Kennedy put forth bills that said we can't make people work. Why wound anybody do those things? To gain votes. That's all the dummycraps are about.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    Yeah but even Roosevelt required people to work for that Government subsidy money. Idiots like Teddy Kennedy put forth bills that said we can't make people work. Why wound anybody do those things? To gain votes. That's all the dummycraps are about.

You're fooling yourself if you think your beloved republicans aren't all about those votes too.

You've become the person that has convinced himself that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    George Carlin
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    I discovered long ago it is much better to have friends with airplanes and boats.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Break
    Out
    Another
    Thousand!

I've made quite a bit of pocket change fixing hIgh-dollar boats for people who will drive a 10-year-old beater pickup to tow the latest and greatest bass rig- - - - -all to outsmart a fish with a brain the size of a peanut!
    Jerry
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,142 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    I discovered long ago it is much better to have friends with airplanes and boats.

...and pools.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    The "Slaves" are the ones working to support her and everyone like her. I know a lot of welfare recipients. They all have under the table money coming in too. We're the suckers because we let them get away with it.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
    :agree:
    George Carlin
    cpj wrote: »
    The republicans don't create these programs, you tool. They just vote in favor of them. That's A LOT different.

I stand corrected, a republican voting for any one of the DOZENS of big government BS money suck holes is WAY better than a democrat doing it. What was I thinking? :uhm:

Edited to add: I've got a tool for you...:guns:
    George Carlin
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    You, like me, are the victim of a proper upbringing. You were taught values, citizenship, and strong study and work ethics. Worse yet, you've been hoodwinked into believing that real self esteem and real self respect are earned through honest labor, making good life choices, keeping your word, and otherwise establishing a good reputation. Worst of all, you probably believe in God and love your country.

You would not be comfortable in the brave new world being crafted by the Obamas, the Clintons and the Sanders. However, you would be welcome, so that whatever wealth you have created and accumulated in your misguided life by capitalizing on your white privilege, can be redistributed to the victims you have exploited and oppressed. After all, you didn't build that.

T R U M P
    Or Cruz or Kasich

EXACTLY!!!!

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug