Home Main Category Personal Defense

Found an IWB holster that I actually like!

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,810 Senior Member
I got a surprise package from dear old Dad yesterday, and in it was a Bianchi 3S IWB holster for a fullsize 1911

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=3S

I've always been skeptical of IWB holsters, but this one actually works pretty well. Conceals my 1911 better then a Don HUme 721 conceals my Glock 19. I know it's there, but to the untrained eye it looks more like a cell phone than anything.

I'm going to give it a trial run, and if all goes well I may end up CC'ing a 1911 all the time.
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski

Replies

• JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    I got a surprise package from dear old Dad yesterday, and in it was a Bianchi 3S IWB holster for a fullsize 1911

I've always been skeptical of IWB holsters, but this one actually works pretty well. Conceals my 1911 better then a Don HUme 721 conceals my Glock 19. I know it's there, but to the untrained eye it looks more like a cell phone than anything.

I'm going to give it a trial run, and if all goes well I may end up CC'ing a 1911 all the time.

Please report back after you tote the 1911 around for a couple of weeks. I've been casually looking for an IWB rig for mine.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,521 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Crossbreed. You wont go back to a "regular" holster.

Yep. I've been toting a full-sized 1911 in one for.... 8 months? No problems at all.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member

I've had one of those all your life! :^) It *is* mighty comfy, but I did slice off the strap and thumb break; I've never liked a thumb break on a CCW rig, but (DISCLAIMER) that was *my* choice, and others may do what they will.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,086 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    but I did slice off the strap and thumb break; I've never liked a thumb break on a CCW rig, .

Yep! to that little modification...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ADRidgeADRidge Member Posts: 173 Member
    I prefer tuckable models... for my SP101 2" I use the Galco Tuck-n-go. It's not the best out there, but it's really not bad, and much easier to get on and off than that crossbreed.
    In space no one can hear you scream... but if you put a helicopter up there, some jerk would complain about the noise!
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,810 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    I did slice off the strap and thumb break

I am finding that the thumb break is so flimsy it's pretty useless. I've been leaving it unbuttoned.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,391 Senior Member
    +2
    Yep. I've been toting a full-sized 1911 in one for.... 8 months? No problems at all.
    Me too, though I only carry my 1911 during cooler weather
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    I like my Mernickle holsters for my revolvers and 1911 pistol

Picture provided by Mernickle
    ps6mr_1.jpg
  • airheadairhead Member Posts: 424 Member
    I actually like the 'ax' style better. Seems more stable with the straps further apart.
    rig.jpg

The pistol is not fully seated is why you can see the trigger. Trigger is covered when carried.
    This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,810 Senior Member
    Follow up: I've carried it a few times out and about, and it hides my fullsize Government style 1911 under a sweater easily. I don't know how I'm going to work with it during the summer months, possibly button up shirt?

Also much more comfortable than most holsters I've tried. Especially for the price (free) it's a winner. Hell, I may pick up a Ruger SR1911 for my dedicated carry rig.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Matt, check out Duluth Trading Co. at www.duluthtrading.com. They sell summer shirts with long tails that I use in hot weather.

With a t-shirt underneath and a Duluth shirt over, even the Wife can't tell I'm carrying my 1911.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member

Nope. If Crossbreed doesn't make a holster for it, I'm looking for different gun.