Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

The Entrepreneur’s Case for Trump

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 902 Senior Member
The Entrepreneur’s Case for Trump
http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-entrepreneurs-case-for-trump-1463344997

"What elitists misinterpret as uneven principles is really adaptability—and, by the way, he can win."

I urge my fellow Republicans to listen to the will of the people, shun the destructive cynicism of the past eight years, and unite not only for the good of the party, but for the good of the nation."

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    ...I urge my fellow Republicans to listen to the will of the people, shun the destructive cynicism of the past eight years, and unite not only for the good of the party, but for the good of the nation."

I've been listening, carefully.

I liked the list of possible Supreme Court appointments Trump put out there, but listening carefully, I noticed that he left the back door open. He didn't say it was his 'short list,' or even that he was committed to picking from the list, at all. This does not inspire a huge amount of confidence in someone with his...flexibility. It still looks like a sales 'con.'

So, he has my attention, but I'm still having a great deal of difficulty finding some part of his 'message' that shows enough knowledge and commitment for me to believe he might see it through. He has to do a hell of a lot better to rally conservatives. He still has not decided which voters he wants to appeal to, and that hurts his credibility on every issue. Obviously, he views conservatives as a liability, when trying to lure Sanders voters, and he thinks he may get enough Democrats to offset them. If he stays with that plan, how am I ever going to believe that he would be better than Hilary. With either, you have to take them at their word for what they will do, and it's a bad bet, either way.