Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Trump to speak at NRA/ILA meeting today

2»

Replies

  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    And the Witch will change her message in mid stream too! In one sentence she's saying she wants to take up all the guns then she changes that to a pro gun stance. SHEESH! She's the Queen of Flip Floppers! We don't Want or Need somebody like her picking judges.


    Yeah. We wouldn't want that, would we? :roll:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Good. They are doing fine and don't need my support. I will now sleep easy knowing it is all because of the NRA, and Wayne Lapierre, that I have my gun rights.




    You're right. Everyone makes minor mistakes, and compromises. Pissing all over the First Amendment and wiping your donkey with it , so you can continue to enrich yourself on the backs of the membership, is a minor thing. I will write them a check tonight.

    There is no need for the second Amendment if you willingly toss out the rest.



    This is clearly the work of the NRA, and the Donkey. It has nothing to do with the Republican electorate, already ready to toss out all the bums that have affirmed most of the Obama agenda, after they were elected to do the opposite.:roll:


    Man! you got it bad whatever it is!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Man! you got it bad whatever it is!



    I won't speak for him, but maybe he's got a little of what I've got...I'm tired of folks throwing my country away at my expense. I've heard it's catching.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    The NRA is just about the only reason you do still have gun rights. But that's fine, you are welcome to the free ride while you sit there and bad mouth the only organization with the horsepower in Washington to continue the fight.

    Thanks. I will.


    While you're at it, could you tell me which lobbying groups are responsible for protecting all of my other rights?

    Where was the NRA when they passed the AWB? So it was the NRA that sunset the fore mentioned AWB? Clearly you are right, the NRA is the only reason I have rights. The voters had nothing at all to do with the the sunsetting of the AWB.

    In the end the NRA is no different than the Sierra club. Both pander to a fear help by their membership, so they can gain power and money.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Other rights are NOT a part of this discussion, that's only chaff on your part when discussing the NRA who's single purpose is the defense of 2A.

    Really. As I said what is the point of the second amendment.



    Oh that is right. To have the ability to preserve all of the other freedoms. You label it as chaff in order to not have to address the fact that the NRA, under the leadership of the Donkey, sided with the Dems to silence all such groups, except the NRA, only because they sided with the Dems. In other words they sold out to fear.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I said the NRA is the only reason you still have your 2A rights and I'll stand by that all day long. They are the only organization that puts the fear of God into congressmen hearts by swinging 5,000,000 voters around like the Hammer of Thor. That being said it is impossible to win every fight. The AWB was passed in 1994 when Clinton was President and both the House and Senate were Democrat controlled, hardly the fault of the NRA. Using this AWB and Hillary's failed Health Care scheme as fodder (I'm sure you consider that fear mongering too) the Republicans were able to get a majority in Senate/House in the elections that year and we had a Republican Senate majority for the first time since '86.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republican_Revolution
    So once again it was the NRA, and not the Republican electorate that voted out the Dems? I just want to clearly understand what you believe. Your contention is that it was 5,000,000 NRA members, and not the 40,000,000 Republican voters.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Those folks STILL remember 1994...
    I agree. They remember a conservative, Republican electorate voting them out, not a glossy mailer from the NRA.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    And the word "pander" is wrongly used in an effort to buttress your statement. I believe the correct word when you are addressing folks sympathetic to your cause is "appeal" (I guess I'm channeling Sam now), and the fears for those likeminded members of the organization are very real.
    No pander is the correct term.


    Pander
    noun, Also, panderer
    1.
    a person who furnishes clients for a prostitute or supplies persons for illicit sexual intercourse; procurer; pimp.
    2.
    a person who caters to or profits from the weaknesses or vices of others.
    3.
    a go-between in amorous intrigues.
    verb (used without object)
    4.
    to act as a pander; cater basely:
    to pander to the vile tastes of vulgar persons.
    verb (used with object)
    5.
    to act as a pander for.
    If the NRA was on the side of freedom they would have never entered into the agreement with the Dems. They pander for funds. They have no core belief, and will compromise in order to still be able to pander for funds.

    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the AWB proved that point indelibly in the history of our country. Funny you ignore that while using it to try to prove your point.
    I have ignored nothing. You have placed all credit at the feet of an orginization with 5,000,000 member. 5,000,000 did not vote out the Dems. The 90,000,000 gun owners did. You ignore that in order to puff up the influence of your pet lobby group.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    The difference between us is that you call fear pandering (a nice generic term that works in the glossy brochure of the simple shallow argument), I find to be absolutely real. Look at the countries in the European Union, Australia, New Zealand etc. What is the ONLY difference between them and us? Their gun owners do not have a POWERFUL organization like the NRA lobbying and exerting pressure on government officials/candidates. The fact that you and others don't see that is at the very least curious in my eyes and speaks volumes as to the populace awareness of the global state of things.
    So again, just to be clear. You believe it is an organization like the NRA, and not the electorate that rolled over, that caused this. Curious now. Is it the NRA that votes, or the voter? Either you or I am confused with how this whole election thing works.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    And as far as NRA executives making good money. GOOD for them!!! Any successful executive that delivers and excels on his goals deserves everything they can get. If not our institutions will be run by idiots and we'll have a lovely Socialist business environment where the Admins and the mail room guys get paid the same as the CEO.
    I have no problem at all with them making money. They just won't do it with mine, while they are selling my rights down the river. They do this while stroking me and telling me they are the only way to protect my gun rights. Seems I have heard someone else spouting that line lately.

    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    BTW you still have not countered my point. Mr. LaPierre has almost doubled the membership of the NRA significantly increasing their power in Washington since he took over. You just sit there and call him names. Exactly what part of this is not an MASSIVE accomplishment in your mind?
    Sure the Donkey has grown the numbers. He presided over the NRA since before the AWB. Of course his numbers went up. Any donkey could have grown the numbers during that. So could I. I count that no big achievement. It would be like selling life vests on a sinking ship. My guess is you would do alright. Doesn't make you great at what you do.



    By the way, where are you getting your numbers?

    This graph does not appear to support your claims. You can also see that Membership has fallen sharply from its high in 2001. If he deserves all the credit for growth, does he deserve the blame for contraction, or does that not fit in your fairy tale?

    Who's argument was shallow again? Hmmmm I wonder.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Ok I concede, you are absolutely brilliant and the 5,000,000 that belong and support the NRA are idiots. So Are the millions of Trump supporter.
    Your words not mine. But since you said it, how do you feel about the 10s of millions who aren't? Curious minds and all that.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    You are the only one that sees all truths. The rest of us should all just quit thinking and follow your wisdom and uncanny ability to see everything including the future.
    Thanks. I know. It is tough some times to be so prescient.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    In the mean time you go ahead an sit on your ass while the rest of us pay and work as opposed to bitch and moan while putting highly accomplished people down. I'm done with this thread...
    Is that how you see the 10s of millions gun owners that do not support the NRA. The conceit is incredible. To think you are the only one that knows the way, and anyone that doesn't do it your way is somehow lazy, and a freeloader. Methinks you see yourself in the mirror a bit when you try to place that behavior on my shoulders.


    I notice you did not counter the responses you asked for. But you can quit the discussion in a huff if you like. It was you that said not to get emotional about things in a previous thread. Methinks that there could be a mirror involved with that as well.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    Your words not mine. But since you said it, how do you feel about the 10s of millions who aren't? Curious minds and all that.

    Thanks. I know. It is tough some times to be so prescient.

    Is that how you see the 10s of millions gun owners that do not support the NRA. The conceit is incredible. To think you are the only one that knows the way, and anyone that doesn't do it your way is somehow lazy, and a freeloader. Methinks you see yourself in the mirror a bit when you try to place that behavior on my shoulders.

    I notice you did not counter the responses you asked for. But you can quit the discussion in a huff if you like. It was you that said not to get emotional about things in a previous thread. Methinks that there could be a mirror involved with that as well.

    The U.S. has the best-armed civilian population in the world, with an estimated 270 million total guns. Based on this and only 5,000,000 belong to the NRA it would appear that a large % of those firearm owner's do not do their share on protecting our gun rights that those that do contribute do. I would bet that many of the 5 million do not contribute a dime, but still gain the benefit of the success..Not only on a Federal level but State, City, County the NRA is constantly working to protects our rights. The people that do not contribute are also the ones that probably never contact their Representative's or Senator's about gun issues. Imagine if every member gave only $10 that would amount to $50,000,000 to fight for our Rights.

    IMO it is time more Gun Owners joined the NRA and contributed to the Fight to increase our ranks.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,694 Senior Member
    There is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that if it wasn't for the NRA, the ONLY guns ordinary citizens would be allowed to own today would be single shot shotguns. And I'm not so sure we could even possess those. I don't like that I get solicitations from them every month, but I understand why: if it wasn't cost effective they would stop. As to LePierre's salary, I have no idea what it is, but in my opinion, you get what you pay for. I think he works hard to protect my gun rights: even yours. He should be well compensated. While the NRA may be a 501C3, I don't think k of it as a charity.

    I'm not a life member. And as a Mississippi school teacher , I ain't got extra money to donate. I do appreciate what the NRA does.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,887 Senior Member
    I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but one thing to consider that differentiates the US from other countries is that the right to keep and bear arms is an ENUMERATED right. Which is huge. It takes a lot of work to modify the interpretation of that right. Which is why we've seen a gradual whittling away at that right, rather than an outright ban.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,996 Senior Member
    Thanks. I will.


    While you're at it, could you tell me which lobbying groups are responsible for protecting all of my other rights?

    Where was the NRA when they passed the AWB? So it was the NRA that sunset the fore mentioned AWB? Clearly you are right, the NRA is the only reason I have rights. The voters had nothing at all to do with the the sunsetting of the AWB.

    In the end the NRA is no different than the Sierra club. Both pander to a fear help by their membership, so they can gain power and money.
    You are right, and wrong.

    The NRA had a bunch to do with the sunset provision. They are the ones who called their members and got those members to write letters and make phone calls. That is what they do now. The NRA had a different mission, to advocate for civilian marksmanship which was their reason for being. They were created after the civil war because a general figured out that a lot of people couldnt shoot, it wasnt seriously political until 1973. Yes they worked with politicos on the 1968 gun stuff, and they got hammered for it. It was AFTER that that the ILA was formed and they became a 2A lobbing group.

    It wasnt 90M gun owners that forced a sunset provision, I was in this fight. It is where the term "Fudds" started to be applied to hunter/gun owners. The Fudds supported the AWB with their money, their time, and their votes. They worked AGAINST the NRA and other gun owners because "You don't need a machine gun to hunt deers." It WAS the actions of the NRA, and not all of the 5M members even, getting people on board. Fudds dropped out of the NRA vocally because of their fight AGAINST the AWB. There were "news" reports on hunting clubs getting rid of their NRA affiliation. Very similar to todays political situation. The facts are presented, and people choose to believe them or ignore them and go with the sound bite of the day.

    The NRA may not be the only reason you still have gun rights, but they are one of the largest reasons. Who informed voters about the DUM DUM bullet ban? Who informed voters about the teflon coated bullet ban? Did the voters find out on their own? Did the Fudds figure out on their own that both of these scams would eliminate all hunting bullets by watching CBS? Nope. In fact at the beginning of each there were Fudds supporting the bans because they were portrayed as exploding bullets and AP bullets, and you know how deep the avg guy looks past what the first thing the media says, EG Trump.

    As to voting out anti gun Dems. It isnt the NRA who votes people out, the NRA cant vote. It is voters. Voters who are given information about candidates, voters who are reminded about how their reps voted and what they supported. Guess who gives that information to like minded voters? The NRA. Without background information people vote on sound bites that are spoon fed to them.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,996 Senior Member
    As to the disclose act...

    You think the NRA, who wont be affected by the act, should take my money and stand up for other groups who will be affected, who have in the past bad mouthed the NRA, launched campaigns against the NRA, tried to undermine the membership of the NRA, tried to undermine the NRA with the people that they have successfully lobbied and worked with for years, and have yet become the force for gun rights that the NRA is.

    As a member with a vote, ummm, nope.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    So the disclose act was a good thing?
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement