Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

and in the low expecrtations column

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 7,996 Senior Member
Just leaving this here..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-said-he-raised-6-million-for-vets-now-his-campaign-says-it-was-less/2016/05/20/871127a8-1d1f-11e6-b6e0-c53b7ef63b45_story.html
In recent weeks, Trump and his campaign repeatedly declined to give new details about how much they have given away.

“Why should I give you records?” Trump said in an interview with The Post this month. “I don’t have to give you records.”

Paul Rieckhoff, founder of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, said Trump’s refusal to divulge how much of the money he had distributed raised questions about whether the candidate intended the fundraiser primarily as a public-relations effort for himself.
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    In recent weeks, Trump and his campaign repeatedly declined to give new details about how much they have given away.

“Why should I give you records?” Trump said in an interview with The Post this month. “I don’t have to give you records.”

Paul Rieckhoff, founder of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, said Trump’s refusal to divulge how much of the money he had distributed raised questions about whether the candidate intended the fundraiser primarily as a public-relations effort for himself.

This may turn out to be nothing, but even if it does...

Doesn't matter. He's WAY better than Hillary. He's a REPUBLICAN, ****!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,996 Senior Member
    He still did a good thing, however, it wasnt all he said it would be. Just for future reference.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Meh
    Just more bull.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,188 Senior Member
    You dont know what it was as he did not disclose. Like uhm, how much did you give to charity last year? Oh thats right, ITS NONE OF MY BUSINESS. You do not have to tell me.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    You're right. What difference does it make?
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    How much did foreign governments give the Clinton crime foundation?
    Diver43 wrote: »
    You dont know what it was as he did not disclose. Like uhm, how much did you give to charity last year? Oh thats right, ITS NONE OF MY BUSINESS. You do not have to tell me.

I suppose if I go about announcing how much I'm going to give and then don't, I have made it everybody's business...but that's none of my business.
    George Carlin
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    I suppose if I go about announcing how much I'm going to give and then don't, I have made it everybody's business...but that's none of my business.

and without seeing his tax returns or being his accountant you know he did not give how?

your own post says: "This may turn out to be nothing, but even if it does..."

We do not know, you are falling into the propaganda thrown all over the interwebs
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    and without seeing his tax returns or being his accountant you know he did not give how?

We do not know, you are falling into the propaganda thrown all over the interwebs

I acknowledge that possibility. Do you acknowledge the possibility that your man is just another lying politician?

They say they raised $6 million. Turns out it's 'only' (still a LOT of money, but not as impressive in sound bytes on the news, no?) $4.5 mil...or is it $3.1? The world may never know...

He said he would give $1million of his own money...did he, or did he just accept accolades for what others gave? Lewandowski affirms that he gave the money, but can't name any recipients, he also blames the 'shortfall' on folks who pledged big money and then gave none...but declined to name names, which is somewhat uncharacteristic of the campaign that refuses to knuckle under to anybody...again, that may all be above board, but it does raise a flag.

This, taken from the story:

In the past few days, The Post has interviewed 22 veterans charities that received donations as a result of Trump’s fundraiser. None of them have reported receiving personal donations from Trump.

now, if Hillary had done something like this...nah, skip it.
    George Carlin

It was a charity. IT WAS NOT HIS MONEY. Does that clear things up a bit? Or is it OK for a charity to say they are taking in X and giving out X but in reality, the payout is X-Y. People go to jail for that kind of stuff. He skipped the debate and held a fundraiser which he told everyone he took in 6M.

Propaganda, right.
    According to the links off the link you provided, after the bull you know what propaganda stuff, it goes on to say that 6mil was pledged but some did not write the check they promised. That is Trumps fault or fraud? The he refuses to out people which by law he does not have to. So that makes him guilty of ?

If he had stolen money in this situation he would have already been indicted or under investigation and if you don't think the current administration wouldn't be all over that in the news you are more mistaken than even I think you are.

Again this is turning into your way of attempting to bash Trump, but it isn't working so you go on and on and on and on.

You are anti Trump, everyone that has read this forum knows that. But I have to ask, now that Trump is the name out there, just who do you support now?
    According to the links off the link you provided, after the bull you know what propaganda stuff, it goes on to say that 6mil was pledged but some did not write the check they promised. That is Trumps fault or fraud? The he refuses to out people which by law he does not have to. So that makes him guilty of ?

If he had stolen money in this situation he would have already been indicted or under investigation and if you don't think the current administration wouldn't be all over that in the news you are more mistaken than even I think you are.

Again this is turning into your way of attempting to bash Trump, but it isn't working so you go on and on and on and on.

You are anti Trump, everyone that has read this forum knows that. But I have to ask, now that Trump is the name out there, just who do you support now?

I'll answer the question first off. It's a fair question..and one for which I don't currently have an answer. I haven't the foggiest notion right now who I'll vote for. I could surprise myself and actually vote for Trump (highly unlikely) or I'll write in another name. You guys have said from the jump that any vote not for "R" is a vote for Hillary...maybe that's true. My contention all along has been that if all the Republican party can offer me is Trump, then maybe we damned well deserve Hillary. As Jerm has stated-and I have agreed with-at least Hilary gives us on 'this' side a bit of unification. At least we'll all band together to work against her. More importantly, so will both houses of Congress.

I'm not saying he stole the money, though some are. What I am saying is that many members of this board would be calling for blood if the other presumptive nominee were the person we are talking right now. Since we're not talking about her, well, everything is aces.

No, it's not his fault that somebody pledged money and didn't pay. It's also not his fault if the fundraiser fell short of the mark after claiming the numbers he did...this is understandable. Some of those pledges undoubtedly counted toward the total...also understandable. What is NOT UNDERSTADABLE is how a guy who plays the game like Don could just accept that somebody MADE A DEAL WITH HIM AND RENEGED would then be allowed to just fade away and pretend like it didn't happen. If somebody screws the Donald, he screws back! Why isn't he (or, more likely somebody "close to the campaign") naming names?? He is ALL about image and this doesn't make him look very good, so why isn't he doing the Donald thing and saving face? Why has his campaign suddenly given an about face? Why isn't he on the attack, because I can assure you the dreaded Hillary will be.

As far as donations go, no, he is not required to disclose anything to anybody, especially to the likes of me...but he did claim that he donated a million of his hard earned to 'veteran's charities', but of the twenty two checked, not one had received a check with Trump's signature on it. Isn't that odd? Isn't it odd that he-at this critical juncture-refuses to name names and disclose expenditures?
    George Carlin

Again, you try to turn the point because anything that is against your hero makes you butt hurt. I posted "He still did a good thing, however, it wasnt all he said it would be. Just for future reference." He promised 6, delivered a lot less.

I never said he stole the cash, ever. You drew that conclusion yourself. What I said was that he promised 6M and reality is far from that. As to particulars, the article say 2 donors backed out, one for 50K which would never make up for the shortfall from what your hero said would happen and reality because he was better in his mind that the facts proved out, again. You think he can get away with running a charity for vets and not putting out the cash or saying where it went? Might ask Wounded Warriors how that works. Even if it is above board, non disclosure sounds like campaign fodder for the other side, bet we see this after the primarys.

Just the shape of things to come if he does manage to beat the worst candidate the Dems have ever run for POTUS.
    Told you before, but since it was in the past, I guess you cant remember.

I never said he stole the cash, ever. You drew that conclusion yourself. What I said was that he promised 6M and reality is far from that. As to particulars, the article say 2 donors backed out, one for 50K which would never make up for the shortfall from what your hero said would happen and reality because he was better in his mind that the facts proved out, again.

I am saddened that some of my brothers are complaining about only getting 3.5 or only 4 million dollars from the charity event. They want the whole 6 million, are they freaking nuts? Are they willing to return what they did get I doubt it, I find this disappointing they have more money than they did but it's not good enough. My how things have changed from the 70s I would have been happy with what ever we got from charities but not today.
    Buford wrote: »
    I am saddened that some of my brothers are complaining about only getting 3.5 or only 4 million dollars from the charity event. They want the whole 6 million, are they freaking nuts? Are they willing to return what they did get I doubt it, I find this disappointing they have more money than they did but it's not good enough. My how things have changed from the 70s I would have been happy with what ever we got from charities but not today.

I agree with you in spirit, but if they were promised something they didn't receive, I feel they have a right to be pissed.
    George Carlin
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Hey you guys, it's pretty well done. Trump will get the nomination. So who and why are you telling all this to? You can't change our minds. So believe what you want, we Trumpers don't care. We have already decided that we would rather have Trump than Hillary. And it's not so much that we want a republican as we don't want Hillary.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I was discussing my fellow veterans not Trump.
    snake284 wrote: »
    Hey you guys, it's pretty well done. Trump will get the nomination. So who and why are you telling all this to? You can't change our minds. So believe what you want, we Trumpers don't care. We have already decided that we would rather have Trump than Hillary. And it's not so much that we want a republican as we don't want Hillary.

Who was trying to change your mind? What does our mutual loathing of Hillary have to do with this topic? Did somebody mention Hillary, other than in passing?
    George Carlin
    Buford wrote: »
    Point missed.

They are saying the numbers dont add up. I am sure they are happy they got what they did, however, The Donald said he had 6M in OPM to give away to the vets. He gave away 4.5M that he collected from other people. He refuses to show that:
    A, he lied and didnt get the cash and was inflating the number (like his net worth) for self promoting instead of fundraising
    B, he somehow misplaced 1.5M that was promised

We just went through this with the Wounded Warrior Foundation.

All he has to do is show that he didnt get what was promised, but what was his quote? “I don’t have to give you records.” (I know he said it in the past so it didnt happen and is propaganda) In political circles, they call that "The appearance of impropriety"

Sounds a lot like a politician to me and I expect to see it in Dem commercials real soon. If he manages to beat the other worst candidate in this country's history, expect the same old same old.
    we Trumpers don't care.
    and never have
    And it's not so much that we want a republican as we don't want Hillary.
    Any progressive will do as long as its not Hillary? Yeah, I get that.

I may have to take it but I dont have to lay back and enjoy it.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    I'm still holding onto hope that the FBI will conduct an honest investigation of the Clinton's & their Foundation. Without any interference from the Obama administration and it's henchmen/women in the DOJ. My dream is to see Over-the-Hillary in a prison issued orange jumpsuit placed on a USPS "forever" stamp.
    How do you leap from the Hero lying about a charity function to folks that are pointing it out being part of the entitlement society? I understand you would have his babies, but that is a springboard of epic proportion.

And on top of all that, Donald J. Trump has probably given more in Taxes OR Donations to Charities in one year than any 10 of us will give in two life times.

And besides all that, Guess what? I don't give a damn. I'm not the IRS and I'm not keeping tabs on how he distributes his money. Like he would tell you, "Ain't none of my Damn Business!" As long as he can stay out of jail and do half what he says he will, and mainly as long as he can beat Clinton, I DON'T care Already!!!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    And on top of all that, Donald J. Trump has probably given more in Taxes OR Donations to Charities in one year than any 10 of us will give in two life times.

And besides all that, Guess what? I don't give a damn. I'm not the IRS and I'm not keeping tabs on how he distributes his money. Like he would tell you, "Ain't none of my Damn Business!" As long as he can stay out of jail and do half what he says he will, and mainly as long as he can beat Clinton, I DON'T care Already!!!

IT

ISNT

HIS

MONEY

Reading is fundamental.

He took money FROM donors, supposedly for vets. He said it was 6M. He has given out 4.5M. He refuses to show records of what he did with OTHER PEOPLES MONEY.

Can you read that this time?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,886 Senior Member
    To me, there's a few things about Trump's fundraising for veterans that need to be answered:
    1. How much money DID he raise?
    2. How much of that went to veteran's charities, and to which charities?
    3. Related to (2.): what method was used to disburse the funds: direct transfers or did it have to go through an intermediate charity?
    To me these are legitimate questions to ask of ANY fundraiser. If the person raising funds is not transparent in this, it does not bode well for me to trust them in future endeavors.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    IT

ISNT

HIS

MONEY

Reading is fundamental.

He took money FROM donors, supposedly for vets. He said it was 6M. He has given out 4.5M. He refuses to show records of what he did with OTHER PEOPLES MONEY.

According to his campaign manager in an interview I saw this week on CBS, Trump put in 1 million of his own money and it's supposed to divided among several vet. groups by Mem day. That brings it near the 6 mil mark.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    To me, there's a few things about Trump's fundraising for veterans that need to be answered:
    1. How much money DID he raise?
    2. How much of that went to veteran's charities, and to which charities?
    3. Related to (2.): what method was used to disburse the funds: direct transfers or did it have to go through an intermediate charity?
    To me these are legitimate questions to ask of ANY fundraiser. If the person raising funds is not transparent in this, it does not bode well for me to trust them in future endeavors.

Since all charities have to file with the IRS as non-profit at the end of the year, if not before, all the numbers will be available.
    IT

ISNT

HIS

MONEY

Reading is fundamental.

If reading is fundamental you better go check back in to kindergarten and start to work learning because I wrote it out in Plain English. I do NOT Give a damn. You guys are stirring the pot just because and only because you don't like him, and you don't like him so bad you're willing to stay home or vote for a third party and let pantsuit win. That is INSANE!

Y'all are looking for any problem to make your point. You're following Hillary's bunch looking for something to knock Trump out of the race. You don't know or can't prove he's a crook, but it's pretty certain Hillary is. She's just a couple steps in front of the Jailer right now. And when advised by some of her people not to use her private Email Account she told them to use it and don't worry, a definite and total disregard for national security. Trump is capable of being a ruthless businessman. He didn't get that rich falling of the turnip truck. He may have cut things close, but he's smart enough to dance on the edge without falling off. That's how people get rich. They know what they can and can't get away with.

I don't care, I want to see him use some of his talents to straighten this country out. Your arguments are baseless and futile. He will be our nominee and he will beat Hillary in November.
    If reading is fundamental you better go check back in to kindergarten and start to work learning because I wrote it out in Plain English. I do NOT Give a damn. You guys are stirring the pot just because and only because you don't like him, and you don't like him so bad you're willing to stay home or vote for a third party and let pantsuit win. That is INSANE!

Y'all are looking for any problem to make your point. You're following Hillary's bunch looking for something to knock Trump out of the race. You don't know or can't prove he's a crook, but it's pretty certain Hillary is. She's just a couple steps in front of the Jailer right now. And when advised by some of her people not to use her private Email Account she told them to use it and don't worry, a definite and total disregard for national security. Trump is capable of being a ruthless businessman. He didn't get that rich falling of the turnip truck. He may have cut things close, but he's smart enough to dance on the edge without falling off. That's how people get rich. They know what they can and can't get away with.

I don't care, I want to see him use some of his talents to straighten this country out. Your arguments are baseless and futile. He will be our nominee and he will beat Hillary in November.

Funny, you're anti Hillary (frankly, I am too) because YOU KNOW she's a crook, etc....even though you have no proof. But you're pro Trump BECAUSE there's no proof. Strange how that works...

What I don't get is the mindless determination, the obstinate refusal to even consider the possibility that The Donald might also be the wrong choice to "straighten this country out". Even when questions are raised (again, there may not be anything illegal or even shady going on), your entire estimation of his 'worthiness' is simply "he's not Hillary". Well, neither is Bernie...maybe he'd be just fine? Oh wait...libtard. I forgot.

I find Breamfisher's post about this to be the most level headed content in this entire thread. No insinuations, no accusations, no name calling and no vitriol. Because of this, I'm starting to suspect he isn't human.:jester:

If $6mil was raised, why hasn't $6mil been given out? If less money was raised, how much less? Was ALL the money raised given out and, if not, why not? Were charities promised more money than they were given? If charity "A" was promised "X" but received less than "X", then why did that happen? If the intent was to give monies over time, why was the event played up like it was happening in real time? Did he write his announced check right away, or did he only write it after folks started to pay attention?

These are all valid questions and not the least bit driven by my dislike for the man. Believe me, if this were Hillary I would be asking the same questions...though I would admit to being more than a little invested in her being indicted.:devil:
    George Carlin