Home Main Category Personal Defense

STARNES: Give husband who beat would-be rapist a medal, not charges

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    jury nullification.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    This is the same kind of caca del toro that says you can't shoot a fleeing felon because he's fleeing and no longer an immediate threat. Nash was done having his way with Wifey, and as the story states was trying to escape. He was leaving, not attacking. Hubby should have just called the cops and let it go. But NOOOO! He had to beat the poor rapist to death with a tire iron. Book 'em, Danno.

Above, is the weird sort of thinking that pervades self-defense law. A criminal is an ongoing threat, period, no matter what he's doing or not doing at any particular moment before, during or after he commits his crime. Just being "at large" is reason enough to kill him. Every felon should be in mortal fear of his life until he is taken into custody, or seeks sanctuary within the system by surrendering. It shouldn't matter when, or under what circumstances an armed citizen takes him out. Every felon should always be "Wanted, Dead Or Alive," along with a respectable reward. A wanted felon's only viable option for survival should be giving himself up to the first LEO he can find.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Hmmm ... wonder if someone has started one of those fund me online things for his defense? If it had been some liberal cry baby thing they would have been rollin' it in already.

Kudos to the man who cleans the gene pool ... especially when it is a turd in the shallow end like that P.O.S.!

If I was called for jury duty and that case was up I would do my best to get on the jury ... not my normal grumpy old man stuff.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    If the DA examines and drops charges good or they may be well "DA's" and press for manslaughter charges in which case almost all the speculation is no jury would ever convict him.

Something they cite as their duty to prosecute the law to their fullest under the oath they took or some crap for the public ...............common sense is needed here.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,790 Senior Member
    Also on the topic of cleaning up the gene pool and making the world a better place, can we beat the would-be prosecutors to death with a tire iron too?
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    This situation sort of reminds me of an incident in the town where I attended high school. A young man was found dead in his pickup truck, which had been rolled down a boat ramp into a lake on Stones River. He had been badly beaten before drowning inside the submerged truck. The city cop I was talking to at the local gun shop told me he was a habitual criminal with a long record of drug dealing, and called the killing a "public service murder". Somebody had saved the community a lot of money by taking him out of the gene pool!
    Jerry
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,626 Senior Member
    I'll hold my judgment, but something stinks here...and I'm not convinced it's an overzealous prosecutor.

The story is a bit too pat. Call me a skeptic, but I'm not buying it yet.

Either way, good riddance to the deceased. Even if he was innocent this go 'round....19 freaking arrests?!? It does beg the question: Why are prosecutors so eager to nail Joe Sixpack when he steps on his crank, but guys like the 'victim' in this story get pass after pass after pass? I would think that after the first 17 arrests (yes, that's sarcasm) somebody would have figured out this dude is not willing to color inside the lines and focus on punishment, rather than rehab.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,384 Senior Member
    I saw what was purported to be a video of the husband whacking on the accused perp. The perp was bare-chested and the husband was a cab driver with a jack handle and obviously pretty pissed. Caught him the elevator. An investigation needs to be initiated, of course, can't take anyone's word that he beat a guy to death based simply on his own word, but if the story checks out, looks like a righteous beat-down to me. Oh, there are some holes so far as motivation goes, but I think most juries would excuse the guy for what he did. If it goes that far.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I saw what was purported to be a video of the husband whacking on the accused perp. The perp was bare-chested and the husband was a cab driver with a jack handle and obviously pretty pissed. Caught him the elevator. An investigation needs to be initiated, of course, can't take anyone's word that he beat a guy to death based simply on his own word, but if the story checks out, looks like a righteous beat-down to me. Oh, there are some holes so far as motivation goes, but I think most juries would excuse the guy for what he did. If it goes that far.

In todays world, it probably will go that far Gene. Nothing seems to make sense in this country anymore.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,384 Senior Member
    Maybe so. The IDEA of whacking a guy who assaults one's wife conflicts with the reality of someone who assaults an unarmed person who he says assaulted his wife. I think we're willing to accept the cabdriver's word because it fits our own agendas.

Maybe a whack or two wouldn't get him a second look or maybe it would. But like coolgunguy, I'm not willing to accept his statement on face value. I'm not even sure how he knew the guy without a shirt was the guilty party. The explanation for this might be (and likely will be) perfectly acceptable, but I won't accept anyone who beat a guy an unarmed man to death with a lug wrench at his word. If all he said is true, more power to him.

It doesn't on its face look wrong, but I'd like to hear more.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    How do you know he was no longer a threat?
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    He needs to be charged, tried, and acquitted. That way some wanker DA with political ambitions can't hang him out to dry sometime in the future. This one is just begging for some jury nullification!
    Jerry
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,626 Senior Member
    Seems a little odd that the dude whose rape attempt just fell apart is standing calmly waiting for an elevator...it also seems a little odd that Mr. Diallo no sooner saw the dude and he took to swinging...

I suspect (completely possible I'm wrong) that Mr. Diallo knew there was another man in his apartment before he received any calls telling him so.

Edited to add: I took this from Chief's link

Mr. Diallo told police he found his naked wife in the hallway -- and saw that Mr. Nash was trying to escape.

So he grabbed a tire iron and made sure that Mr. Nash would never harm another woman again. Authorities say Nash died from severe head and body trauma.

Read the above, then watch the video the cpj linked to...The bolded part is an admission to premeditated homicide. I get the 'fog of war' aspect of reporting and folks' recollection, but this one isn't adding up for me. Diallo knew who he was looking for...and the 'victim' seemed awfully calm before the guy with the tire iron showed up.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin