Anyone get any firearms related Black Friday/Thanksgiving deals?

DurwoodDurwood Senior MemberPosts: 970 Senior Member
I got numerous emails from Grafs and Midway as well as fliers from Cabelas and BassPro, but only one "deal" really grabbed me.

It was a Burris 2-7x35 Fullfield II with #4 German reticle for $99.99 (Reg. $189.99). I knew this was a great deal because I just bought the same scope from Graf's about a month ago at regular price and had been meaning to do a little write up about it. You always hear people talking up the #4 Reticle for low etc and since I needed (wanted) a smaller scope to put on my Marlin 1894 .45 Colt I bought one to try. I compared it to all of the usual suspects i.e. Redfield 2-7x33, Leupold VXI and Rifleman, the VX-II was over my budget for this application. It was far better than those I compared it against, so I decided to try it. I am very impressed with it even at regular price. It is a very bright, clear scope with great edge to edge clarity and contrast.

Check one out if you're ever looking for something smaller than the traditional 3-9x40.

I'll probably stick the extra one on one of my In Lines.
You have the right to your own opinion, but you don't have the right to your own facts:guns:

Replies

• 44special44special Member Posts: 64 Member
    My family catagorically refuse to shop on Black Friday. I may tool up to Cabela's tomorrow to see what's on hand.
  • DurwoodDurwood Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    I work less than a mile from Graf's so it wasn't too inconvenient and this special started on Tuesday or Wednesday. I picked it up on Wednesday right after work.
    You have the right to your own opinion, but you don't have the right to your own facts:guns:
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Was gonna hit a few gunshops today , but I figure the following weeks will have more people selling to get cash to buy stuff for their spoiled brat kids.
    "There are no victims , only volunteers!"
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Heck yes, Mike and I went to Dicks Sporting Goods and I got six boxes of LeveRevolution .45-70 for $144 but with a $20 gift certificate back. Essentially lowering the price to less than $21 per box.

However Mike got the best deal... a brand new Remington 1187 with wood stock and blued barrel for the ridiculous price of only $400 after rebates!!! He got the last one they had.

Luis

ps. That Burris Fullfield scope does have GREAT glass for the price but the 2x7 model is only adjustable by .5 MOA
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • DurwoodDurwood Senior Member Posts: 970 Senior Member
    Great deals Jeeper especially the 1187--WOW.

You're right about the 2-7 .5 MOA adjustment and I knew that when I bought the first one. It's no biggy as these are "niche" scopes for me. Near as I can tell the crosshairs also cover about 1 MOA at 100 Yds as well. Not intended so much for fine work, more of a low light set up for whitetails etc.
  • QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    Yup got that case from Wally World. It's only 3' but it'll be perfect for my next AR build
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,518 Senior Member
    American Express had their Small Business Saturday promotion happening where if you bought at least $25 worth of stuff from a small business that takes their card, you get a $25 credit on your statement. My birthday was yesterday so I got Midway's (considered a small business) birthday discount going on and the $25 credit. It made for a pretty kicking deal on the boolets I ordered.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I get all kinds of E-blasts/Friday flyers and so forth from those places. Once a couple weeks ago I was aggravated when an email said they had .30 carbine bullets for 80 some odd bucks for 1000 compared to 500 for that price these days. The bullets were pulled Israeli bullets and if they are like any other thing from there they would have been top notch in quality, like their IMI/Samson ammo line. But they were sold out early on the same day I got the email.

Yes, there have been some pretty good sales out there on gun stuff. I'm pretty good on most of my reloading components right now, but if I see a really good deal, I'll strike while the iron is hot. That's why I'm fairly well stocked up for now.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!