Reloading for my 7.5X55 Swiss K-31

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,990 Senior Member
I loaded up 50 rounds, once fired privi partizan brass. I put a caliper on the brass and it didn't need trimming. The cartridge does have some idiosyncrasies of it's own. I took the advice of of the smart folks over at Surplusrifle http://207.36.233.89/shooting2006/swissreloading1/index.asp and bought Redding dies for it because the other brands are made to/for the shoulder angle of the earlier Swiss rifles.

My load:

Brass pp
Bullet pp 165 grain PSP-SP (.308 diameter)
Primers Win lg rifle
Powder H- 4895 @ 42.0 grains

One good thing about the K-31 is shoots very available .308 diameter bullets. However. some American made bullets take too far to reach diameter and you can have possible chambering issues because it has a very short throat. They recommended to seat those deeper carefully!

It may be a slight PITA to reload for compared to other MILSURPS but, it is all worth it when I pull the trigger. :guns::usa:
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,381 Senior Member
    Chief need more info were you shooting 100 yards and what kind of groups also pictures would be nice.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    I haven't fired these reloads yet. I have fired other reloads of mine from it before with good results and privi partizan factory ammo. Only pics of a target I could find is and old one fired @ 50 yards with pp ammo. I have done much better with it.

Rifle is 2nd from right, pic from TX shoot with bullsi and SS3 either from the 4th of July weekend or Sept.

Kinda cold and wind advisory this weekend to go shootin. I'll try for next weekend and take some pics.

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG00065-20110702-1351-1.jpg
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Nice looking rifles you got there BigChief!!!!!!!!!!! Groups ain't bad either..
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,381 Senior Member
    Looks like a nice rifle and looking forward to next report, have a couple of them also but haven't shoot them much. Seems like whenever I have the time the weather just will not cooperate ether rainy, windy or both.