Another round of "You might be a Gun Nut if. . ."

BigslugBigslug Senior MemberPosts: 7,001 Senior Member
Getting lucky: if you keep spare gun socks in your glove compartment for the same reason you keep condoms in your wallet, you might be a gun nut.
WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee

Replies

• john.41john.41 Member Posts: 309 Member
    Does under the seat count?
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 780 Senior Member
    If you buy holsters for pistols you don't have yet, you may be a gun nut.
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    TSchub wrote: »
    If you buy holsters for pistols you don't have yet, you may be a gun nut.

Does buying pistol rugs in bulk count?
    "There are no victims , only volunteers!"
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Or have a copy of your C&R in the glove box, just in case.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    I've also been known to count guns, like sheep while trying to fall asleep.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    If you own ammo for calibers that you don't even own guns in yet. :tooth:

If you have firearms that you've owned over a year, and still haven't gotten around to actually shooting them yet. :tooth:

Luis

ps. *I'm* not guilty of either of these at the moment... but I know people who are. LOL
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • bmlbml Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member
    If one of your long term goals is to compete with a fella from an internet forum named Wambi, for the "you suck" factor.
    scottd wrote: »
    The milk of human kindness is often out dated and curdled.

This is like watching a bunch or **** trying to hump a door knob.....
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    If you still have copies of G & A, SOF, and Gun World dating back to 1989, you may be a gun nut (guilty)...
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Or have a copy of your C&R in the glove box, just in case.

I have copies in my truck and motorcycle saddlebag. I also have copies in my checkbook , as well as one in my wallet , folded up with a blank check!
    "There are no victims , only volunteers!"
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,716 Senior Member
    You might be a gun nut if :

You are on first name terms all the employees/owners of every Gun shop/Pawn shop within a 200 mile radius of your home address yet cant remember your second childs middle name....or first name!!

You can remember the twist rates and barrel lengths of most over the counter rifles but cant remember your wifes birthday..
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Posts: 1,004 Senior Member
    You might be a gun nut if :

You drool every time you see a beautiful double rifle in 450/400 caliber but the largest game in your state is whitetail.

heym_ph.jpg

“When guns are outlawed, only patriots will have guns.”
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,081 Senior Member
    If you name your dog "Sig" and folks think it's short for "SIG-Sauer."

If you plan on naming future dogs using firearms manufacturer's names.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,110 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    If you own ammo for calibers that you don't even own guns in yet. If you have firearms that you've owned over a year, and still haven't gotten around to actually shooting them yet.
    Guilty as charged.
    You might be a gun nut if your LGS sends you a get well card when you are in the hospital (that really happened).
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,614 Senior Member
    ...you buy a gun to fit the brass you somehow acquired that doesn't fit any of your current inventory.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,389 Senior Member
    If you see a rifle and think "Man I have a scope that would go great on this"

If you tell people when you're dating: "I'm really into guns, and I'm never going to get rid of them"

You get excited when your mom shows interest in a pistol, because it's an excuse to trick one out

You have a box of "reject holsters"

You have enough spare AR/1911/10-22/etc parts laying around to almost build another one

You fore-go buying a new car because you'd rather get gun stuff (guilty)

Gun laws are very high on your priority list of qualities to look for in areas to live (CCW, AWB, Class III OK, etc)

People ask you "How many guns do you have?" and it takes you a few minutes to give an answer.

You were certified to instruct rifle and pistol shooting, as well as coach precision air rifle teams, before you got a driver's license (guilty).
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,614 Senior Member
    You buy the perfect gun for your wife, occasionally, and then forget to tell her.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Shotgunshooter I am guilty of several of those. LOL

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    You might be a Gun Nut if your back yard has white pieces of steel suspended here, there and everywhere! Friends ask, "aren't those things hard to mow around?" What the heck are they for? :rotflmao:

shoot.gif

yard.jpg
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,737 Senior Member
    If you're on a first name basis with call takers at multiple "mail/phone order" shooting supply companies, you're probably a gun nut
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Jeez, only one year? How about if you are cleaning your gun room and find a firearm that you plain forgot you bought?

Jeez, I have dreams where this happens to me. Then I have to go and wake up...
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,716 Senior Member
    Just posting up in this thread on this website qualifies you............
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    You "pack rat parts" like:

Holland Brake
    Magpul Front sight
    Midwest Ind. Front/Rear Sling Attachments
    Magpul Angled Foregrip
    Surefire X300 Light
    VTac Padded Sling
    JP Ent. VTac Rifle Length Forend
    Aimpoint Micro Red Dot Sight
    GG&G Scout Rail
    GG&G Flip up Rear Sight
    Gasbuster Charging Handle
    Geissele Trigger
    Ergo Grip
    Magpul UBR Stock

So when you you want you can take a DPMS lower and upper and make this ...

Carbines151.jpg

Hmmm wonder what Shrub you'd find that one under?
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell