Home Main Category Clubhouse

Marine SGT Dakota Meyer (MOH Recipient) Sues his former employer (Contractor)

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,884 Senior Member
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204753404577066703457602304.html

Says he blew the whistle about BAE selling some advanced optics to Pakistan, and got fired.
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,210 Senior Member
    Actually, your link says he resigned to go back to his former employer. Then his last employer (BAE) Claimed he had a drinking problem and was "Mentally unstable" which caused his former/future employer not to hire him
    At the end of May, Sgt. Meyer's complaint said, he resigned from BAE over the proposed sale to Pakistan and attempted to get his old job back at Ausgar.
    <snip>
    On June 1, an Ausgar employee wrote an email to Sgt. Meyer saying his rehiring had been blocked by what Mr. McCreight told the Pentagon program manager, the suit says.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    Like most employment issues, there is one side, there's the other side, and the truth lies somewhere in between. The tricky part is determining where that point lies. I know, I handled the cases of worker's unemployment claims for my employer for a number of years.
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,884 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Actually, your link says he resigned to go back to his former employer. Then his last employer (BAE) Claimed he had a drinking problem and was "Mentally unstable" which caused his former/future employer not to hire him

D'oh... Misread the link on the Drudge Report. Tuesday is like my Monday.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,404 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »

They better have documentation to back that up, or he will win his suit........ Mom worked for a nursing home and when somone called about a former employee, all she could say was, ''Yes, they worked here from this date to this date.'' That was it...
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson