Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Has anyone else experienced incorrect NRA membership renewal dates?

sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior MemberPosts: 1,933 Senior Member
In mid April I received a letter that my NRA membership would expire in 30 days. My membership actually expired the last day of June as it always has since 1968! I checked my first freedom magazine which confirmed this date. In mid May I received a letter that my membership had expired with instructions how to reinstate it. As usual I renewed my membership online in mid June. It was accomplished as usual with no mention of my membership having expired. My most hated thing is to have someone lie to me when they know that I know they are lying.

Replies

  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Then don't renew!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    I highly doubt they are lying to you. May, June, a mix up is not possible?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Usually they try and get folks to renew early and/or for more than a year with offers. I have never had them not add what I renewed early to what was left on a membership.

    Email or call them.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    Then don't renew!
    I already renewed. My question was if anyone else was contacted to renew their membership well in advance of the actual date and told their membership had expired when it had not.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    I already renewed. My question was if anyone else was contacted to renew their membership well in advance of the actual date and told their membership had expired when it had not.

    Never had that happen.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Usually they try and get folks to renew early and/or for more than a year with offers. I have never had them not add what I renewed early to what was left on a membership.

    Email or call them.
    I received a letter today wanting me to renew my membership that I just renewed last week. My problem was being notified in mid May that my membership had expired when it was not expired until the end of June. That is lying! I have been a member since 1968 and support the NRA. They are our only national lobby for 2nd amendment. I'm going to continue to be a member. Why would they feel the need to lie? Is this due to some advertising agency they have hired?
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    I got a letter last week stating that I needed to renew now. Guess what, it doesn't expire until November. Sorry NRA, write me later.
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,863 Senior Member
    No, but I keep getting letters to renew even though my membership is good until 2021.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    sherwood wrote: »
    I got a letter last week stating that I needed to renew now. Guess what, it doesn't expire until November. Sorry NRA, write me later.
    Thank you! I was beginning to suspect I dreamed this. In the past I have received requests to renew early like the one I received last week. They never stated or implied that my membership was expiring in 30 days followed by a notice that it had in fact expired. I have experienced the same marketing ploy with magazine subscriptions. Reader's Digest is the worst. "WARNING! This is your last issue. Renew today". There is actually 6 months remaining on the subscription. I will email the NRA and request an explanation.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    No, but I keep getting letters to renew even though my membership is good until 2021.

    :that:
    Jerry

    Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,623 Senior Member
    Of course you realize that with X million members, they are not sending out individual requests to renew...you're not getting personal one on one service...these notices are kicked out by a computer +/- before you are due to expire. Take a pill..nobody lied to you,. If it's not time for you to renew, throw the notice in the trash and move on.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I never have that kind of a problem with my GOA membership, and they actually accomplish something!
    :roll:
    Jerry
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    I haven't had to renew since 1981. Of course, I'm a life member. Then in 2008 I bought my life membership in the Texas State Rifle Association, so it's double coverage.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Upgraded from Life Member to Endowment Member last year... I never get renewals.

    D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,623 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    We have no room for voices of reason whilst we are discussing a conspiracy. Please refrain from well thought out, intelligent comments.

    I will consider myself chastised....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Of course you realize that with X million members, they are not sending out individual requests to renew...you're not getting personal one on one service...these notices are kicked out by a computer +/- before you are due to expire. Take a pill..nobody lied to you,. If it's not time for you to renew, throw the notice in the trash and move on.
    I'm confident the NRA did not lie to me but marketing agencies lie all the time. It's what they do.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    Thank you! I was beginning to suspect I dreamed this. In the past I have received requests to renew early like the one I received last week. They never stated or implied that my membership was expiring in 30 days followed by a notice that it had in fact expired. I have experienced the same marketing ploy with magazine subscriptions. Reader's Digest is the worst. "WARNING! This is your last issue. Renew today". There is actually 6 months remaining on the subscription. I will email the NRA and request an explanation.
    I tried to email the NRA. I filled out a contact form with my question. It flagged my email address as invalid. It is the same email address they send me daily updates? I was unable to submit my question. I went to the membership page and was able to log on. All information including my email address and current membership expiration of 06/30/2017 was correct. I clicked contact us and got outlook email. I typed my questions and hit send. Nothing! Does NRA need to fire their self proclaimed 20 something IT "experts" and hire 10 year old kids who actually know what they're doing? This was my question.

    In mid April I received a notice by USPS mail that my membership would expire in 30 days. I knew my membership expired June 30 so I ignored it. In mid May I received a notice by USPS mail that my membership had expired with instructions to reinstate it. In mid June I renewed my membership as always online with no indication that it had expired. I am confident my NRA is not lying to me. Is it possible your marketing agency is? On the NRA contact us form my E-mail address is flagged invalid I receive E-mails at this address almost daily from NRA at this address. Please explain.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,954 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I never have that kind of a problem with my GOA membership, and they actually accomplish something!
    :roll:
    Jerry
    They ask for early renewals then ask again closer to the old renewal time every year, they get it done when I feel like it.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,954 Senior Member
    Can't the NRA be called with an 800 number or a cell with free long distance?
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Buy a life membership and it's problem solved. I bought the Grandson a life membership when they were having a special recruitment drive. $300.00.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Can't the NRA be called with an 800 number or a cell with free long distance?
    I don't like phones.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Buy a life membership and it's problem solved. I bought the Grandson a life membership when they were having a special recruitment drive. $300.00.
    I actually enjoy renewing my membership. It makes me feel good.
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,225 Senior Member
    Life Member. Never have to renew. Do receive letters to upgrade which I plan to do before I retire.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    I highly doubt they are lying to you. May, June, a mix up is not possible?

    It is a lie, from my perspective. I get no less than 3 renewal notices a year from NRA. I have one member number, renewed in May-June of each year.

    I despise their almost predatory solicitation practices, but I'm a member regardless because they lobby for the 2A.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • BingBing Member Posts: 95 Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    It is a lie, from my perspective. I get no less than 3 renewal notices a year from NRA. I have one member number, renewed in May-June of each year.

    I despise their almost predatory solicitation practices, but I'm a member regardless because they lobby for the 2A.

    If you think this is bad just subscribe to Bassmaster magazine.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,557 Senior Member
    Bing wrote: »
    If you think this is bad just subscribe to Bassmaster magazine.

    Been there. Never do that again.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,954 Senior Member
    All magazines send multiple renewals
    you just have to manage which one to send in yourself.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,772 Senior Member
    Wife got her renewal notice middle of May, it was up in July so renewed for her yesterday.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Yesterday I received my new member card. Today I received another notice that my membership was expired. LOL
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement