Anyone know anything about the FNX 9mm?

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
Have an opportunity to pick one up in a fairly even trade. I like the looks of the FNX 9mm pistol, it's one of those that for no explainable reason calls to me. The guy that has it wants to trade for one of my Beretta 92FS pistols, I think I am on the loosing end for what the Beretta is worth but not by much and since I have more than one; hey what the heck.
I have read some decent reviews about the FNX but don't know of any real experience form anyone I know. So what say you guys anyone want to give an opinion?

Here is a pic of the gun...
2wd9bsw.jpg
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,002 Senior Member
    Looks good
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Well, its FN ugly. :tooth:

But any chance to get be rid of a 92 is a good thing.:roll2:

I do like the 92FS even though I don't shoot them much; both of mine shoot great but I don't need 2 of them.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
  • 30-30shooter30-30shooter Member Posts: 224 Member
    well i have an fnp which is basically the same thing and i love it.
    A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.-Larry Elder I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.-Clint Eastwood
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    The FNX 9 is the FNP with a few modifications. I picked the gun up this afternoon; I love the feel of the pistol! The gun is very light and feels really good in my hand. I think this will make a very nice carry gun since it is fairly small, no larger than my 4" 1911 and it holds 18 rounds which is a big plus. I like the placement of the controls and with the ability to carry either cocked and locked or decock and carry hammer down with one in the pipe in DA mode is nice. I think if she shoots as good as shee feels and looks this one will be a keeper.

The obligitory pic....
    FNX9.jpg
  • Wheelsman56Wheelsman56 Member Posts: 225 Member
    Sweet man congrats! I have always been interested in the FN Pistols, but have never had the chance to fondle one. Let us know how she shoots!