Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Who is controling the media?

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 11,379 Senior Member
This last week I have watched two things happen that nobody seems to be questioning.

Sunday a person ambushed and killed 3 police officers. While checking several new sources it seemed that only one of the killed officers was known and nobody said who the bad guy was. Later pictures of all three officers were released, but we still did not know who the bad guy was for a few more hours even though police had killed him.

Yesterday in Kansas City a Police Captain was shot and killed in his car when responding to a drive by shooting early in the afternoon. Shortly after two suspects were taken into custody, but their name and picture was not released unti this afternoon.

Last year when Officer Darren Wilson was forced to shoot Michael Brown pictures and his name even his bio were splattered all over the news along with a childhood picture of Michael Brown within minutes.

Why this disparity in the spread of information? No wonder America is being divided. We know the majority of media leans left, but it has become blatantly obvious in recent times. I no longer trust the news media, they photoshop pictures, quote people out of context, even make up stories when there is lack of facts.
What have we become, when the so called news can not be trusted to tell a story in a timely factual manner.
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Media Moguls............Journalist/Commentators and Ratings/stories that draw viewers.

Govt/FCC to a degree.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,069 Senior Member
    The media are corrupt. I think their left-leaning reporting reflects the personal values of their members. They're unfettered, which is how it should be, but I think we need to vote with our billfolds which is the only thing they respond to. The worst thing you can do to the media is to make them irrelevant.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Media Moguls............Journalist/Commentators and Ratings/stories that draw viewers.

Govt/FCC to a degree.

The news media has had an agenda for years. It's almost all motivated from the left. All the journalism schools are leftist havens that attempt to indoctrinate the students to the point that almost the whole of the media are out and out leftists. I trust few of them. Fox is the only one you can believe. They are more or less fair and balanced.

The other networks can't interview anybody without it being a canned event. You can tell what they are going to say before they're asked it. I grew up with Commie TV. I had no choice. When I was little it confused me that the grandfatherly looking old guy, Walter Cronkite, said things contradictory to my dad's beliefs. My dad was what I would call a patriotic American. He loved his country.

When I got a little older, I began to see how the media out and out lied. Then when I was about 27 years old back in the mid 70s, I saw a documentary hosted by Dan Rather on Hunting called the Guns of Autumn. There were several hunting scenarios that made the hunters look like a bunch of drunken slobs and game thieves. I had hunted most of my life but never had been exposed to hunters quite like that. That moment while watching that documentary, I really realized a truth right then and there that night.

The main stream media has something other in mind than keeping the population informed. It's all about Indoctrination, not education. Since then it's clear to me. I stopped believing anything the news media said about a politician or an issue. Well for awhile when CNN came along I thought they were sort of refreshing, but they soon grew stale with propaganda and have continued to stray farther to the left as time goes by.

Then, finally in the 90s Fox News came along. Now that was refreshing. They didn't try to indoctrinate, they would just tell the truth about what was going on and let us decide. Now the only problem, there's not enough of those networks and too many people still believe every word they hear on the other major networks.

And my love affair with FOX is not just a case of Fox telling me what I want to hear, they say a lot of what I don't want to here. But they tell it like it is with no painting it up, so I have a real idea of how to react and what to believe. I know how to vote and I don't get sold a bill of pie in the sky goods so I will keep voting for the same losers.

Anyway, that's how I see it and at least up to this point I still have a chance to decide for myself. And if the libs didn't have an agenda why would they have such a problem with Talk Radio and Fox News that they want to pass legislation to outlaw anything that is contrary to their belief and then call it the Fairness Act? Does that sound fair to you?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Well, we can seek refuge on here (depending on the thread) and do have Flicker Power...........ON/OFF
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,379 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    The media can't report on information the Government agencies won't give it. Look for the source...

This is my thought and fear. Has our Government turned into such a huge monster they it controls information down to that level?

Cellphone video and pictures pop up almost everytime a cop shoots someone, but only dashcam is available when a cop gets shot.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,379 Senior Member
    Not one mention of the slain Captain on the news tonight
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,181 Senior Member
    Ever since Hollywood faked the first lunar landing, I haven't trusted anything I haven't seen with my own eyes...................:wink:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,183 Senior Member
    While I pretty much agree with what others have already said in this thread, I'll point out another factoid. Every time I've had personal knowledge of an event that was reported on the news, they got something wrong. Usually something inconsequential, but wrong none the less. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

Another time I was out for a walk at lunchtime, and noticed a quantity of dead fish in an irrigation canal. The local news station was there filming, and asked if I'd consent to a brief interview. "sure". First question was "When you saw the dead fish, did you feel you were in danger?" (or words to that effect)... ???!!! "Uh, no. I saw some dead fish! I do hope that whatever killed them doesn't wash out into the bay to wreak havoc there...".

Always some kind of agenda - facts aren't enough anymore...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Basically ALL media is owned by massive corporate conglomerates that virtually all have but a few goals: to make as much money as they can, to pander to those in power so that they can continue to make as much money as they can, and to balance sensationalism that distracts and catches there attention of the public vs. maintaining the status quo which allows them to make as much money as they can.

Agreed!! But giving the FCC control of them was the end of any chance of unbiased information.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Get ready for it to get even worse. Roger Ailes is leaving FoxNews, supposedly due to accusations made by Gretchen Carlson of sexual harassment. Some of the top 'performers' on FoxNews have contracts that are keyed to his being in charge, and may also leave if they don't gee-haw with his replacement. Ailes, whatever his sexual behavior may or may not be, is a tough act to follow, as far as running a political news and commentary broadcasting company.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Fox knows very well on which side of the toast their butter goes. They are the only game in town for conservative views and if they change the format someone else will SWIFTLY fill the vacuum and just eat up their lunch.

I'm just not sure there are other competent executives out there who will present the conservative side of things. I certainly cannot name one.
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    The story is if Roger Ailes is fired the fox people will quit and start a new news network.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    When the eye candy starts getting restless, and Fox is faced with the choice of finding an entire new crew of intelligent, conservative blonde bombshells or canning one horny old man, the choice is pretty obvious!
    Jerry
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    The media is not around to report news as in the past. Media is out to sell advertising and generate profits. The requires market share and market share requires interest in stories and I use the term "stories" instead of "news" because that is what nearly all forms of media do know tell a story rather than report facts ... then have 8 people sit around and give opinions and their "insight" into the story. Why does FOX a have the bombshells ... yes, some are intelligent and do a good job but it still boils down to ratings and eye leggy blondes do help boost ratings.

To me the real control in the media is the producers and bean counters who get together and set up the program's stories to generate the highest ratings so they can charge more for the 30 second commercials. Journalistic Integrity is no longer around ... the bottom line means more than reporting.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,817 Senior Member
    Nobody.

Media lives out of rating that gathers attention to their sponsors; the best way to do this is by generating controversy. They know that a certain percentage of the public would be enraged by this or that particular topic and the game is learning how to balance this, and how much time to dedicate before something else becomes "trendy"

And in the chance of getting money from the Government will quickly put them in line with them; the trick is to have the proper timing and sensibility to pounce for or against it in the precise moment....the best ones have learned to "smell blood in the water" and swap sides at their best interest.

Only the middle managing posts downwards is more or less truly left-oriented; upwards they are more capitalists than Scrooge Mc Duck, but know how to properly "go with the flow".
    "breaking news", even if it happened yesterday. And then there's the "hook" to hold the viewers over the commercial break.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,069 Senior Member
    "Media" is plural of "medium." The media ARE rather than "the media is" crooked.

Best wishes
    Son of Sam
    (SoS)
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,183 Senior Member
    john9001 wrote: »
    "breaking news", even if it happened yesterday. And then there's the "hook" to hold the viewers over the commercial break.

Then repeating the same thing over, and over, and over, and over again.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,797 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    I'm just not sure there are other competent executives out there who will present the conservative side of things. I certainly cannot name one.
    NEWSMAX is pretty conservative, but unfortunately because of a contract dispute DISH Network took it off the air.....I am PISSED.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Gene L wrote: »
    "Media" is plural of "medium." The media ARE rather than "the media is" crooked.

Best wishes
    Son of Sam
    (SoS)

Now is that really important? :jester: