Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

CHILLING MESSAGE: Kerry says air conditioners as big a threat as ISIS

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/07/23/kerry-air-conditioners-as-big-threat-as-isis.html

Secretary of State John Kerry said in Vienna on Friday that air conditioners and refrigerators are as big of a threat to life as the threat of terrorism posed by groups like the Islamic State.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    You mean I gotta watch out for the refrigerator and air conditioner to start yelling 'Aloha Snackbar' and trying to cut my head off with a dull knife? That's just silly! :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    th?id=OIP.M3ca958d026857319b7c8909f77a39610H1&w=72&h=100&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2

Why the long face, John?
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    You mean the guy who gave himself a Purple Heart for getting shot in the ass with rice?

The guy who got to go home for getting three purple hearts in less than six months, and spent less time in the hospital than the average ingrown toenail patient.

My dad refused two, in Korea, because he said he would never be able to look a wounded man in the eye, again, if he took them. John Kerry had no such problem.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,203 Senior Member
    More PCBS.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    You mean the guy who gave himself a Purple Heart for getting shot in the ass with rice?

At least Frank Burns (M*A*S*H) got a (egg)shell fragment for his...

Kerry...anything I say could get me in trouble.
    Support your local Scouts!
  • SargeSarge Member Posts: 324 Member
    I always knew that damn freezer was plottin' on me.
    Pain is okay. Puking is okay. Fear is okay. Falling is okay. Crawling is okay. Failure is okay. Quitting is not.
    Well, all I got to say to Kerry about trying to take my refrigerator, freezer, and A/C is Molon Labe. :guns:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    From what some of his fellow vets said about him, I'm surprised he didn't become the guest of honor at a "friendly fire" incident!
    :cuss:
    Jerry
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    They can take my freezer from my cold dead hands.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Well, with the IoT, this may very well be true. Turn the A/C down to low and it will report you for excessive use. To many trips to the fridge, it will report you to your ins co as a health risk. I'd rather deal with ISIS.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    Teach wrote: »
    From what some of his fellow vets said about him, I'm surprised he didn't become the guest of honor at a "friendly fire" incident!
    :cuss:
    Jerry

More than a few bad officers that got people killed over there ended up in an unfortunate 'fragging' incident. That could easily happen on a Swiftboat. Or tripping and emptying a mag into him accidental like. Surprised it didn't.

We could always go back to ammonia as a coolant. Easy to detect/find a leak!
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    More than a few bad officers that got people killed over there ended up in an unfortunate 'fragging' incident. That could easily happen on a Swiftboat. Or tripping and emptying a mag into him accidental like. Surprised it didn't.

Yeah, if you survive it!

I think John needs to move to Texas and try one of our Summers out without AC. No cheatin' John... All you can use is an ol' Oscillating fan like I had when I was a kid. We'll see how bad you think Freon is.

When I was a kid we didn't have AC until I was like 11 years old. My dad bought a window unit for his bed room because working shift work was killing him in the summers not being able to sleep. The rest of us didn't get to experience it until about 3 years later when we moved to Port Lavaca and he had Central AC installed. I remember many a night before that though waking up in a pool of sweat. That sucked. Or lying there in the bed praying for the fan to hurry up and revolve around where it was pointing at me. I'd wake up in the morning with my imprint on the sheets. I would imagine Ol' John K would change his tune after about one Summer of that BS. I doubt it got as hot and humid in Massachusetts.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,089 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    th?id=OIP.M3ca958d026857319b7c8909f77a39610H1&w=72&h=100&c=7&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2

Why the long face, John?

John has a long face. The rocking chair is against the wall.
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
    tennmike wrote: »

Propane is an excellent refrigerant in systems calibrated for R-22- - - - -just don't use it in a residential environment where a leak close to a pilot light might result in an instant urban renewal project.
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    Propane is an excellent refrigerant in systems calibrated for R-22- - - - -just don't use it in a residential environment where a leak close to a pilot light might result in an instant urban renewal project.
    Jerry

I remember a good while back (mid 1990s? earlier? :uhm:) there was some serious discussion on replacing freon based refrigerants for automobile use with propane. That would have been interesting; guess that's why they didn't decide to use it. It would have made for exciting times with a leak in the interior and someone lighting up a cig, or during a wreck.
    ― Douglas Adams
    It wasn't just a discussion- - - -when R-12 got scarce and E$$pensive, a lot of the no-name Freon 12 substitutes had a pretty high percentage of Propane and alcohol in them. That was about the time "refrigerant recycling" machines were being mandated for auto shops, and one dose of bootleg refrigerant gas could contaminate the gas that was recovered during a discharge/repair/recharge sequence. If a recovery drum was close to full, then the whole thing was trash.
    Jerry
    cpj wrote: »
    Local place here still uses ammonia for refrigerant. Their "refrigerators" are the size of a super Walmart....

One place you DONT want to be is within a couple hundred yards of the compressor house when they are filling it. Holy crap! Just the tiny amount that leaks will knock you sideways.

:rotflmao: In nuke power we used ammonia as an oxygen scavenger in the feedwater system for temps below 350° and hydrazine above 350°. We injected 99.9% pure ammonia into the hotwell pump discharge and it went into the feedwater from there. We had two 50 gallon tanks of it and 4 pumps. And two 50 gallon drums of 99.9% hydrazine and 4 pumps. I HATED filling the tanks or adjusting the pump strokes on that mess. Between that and getting gassed with chlorine it's no wonder I've got scarred lungs.
    ― Douglas Adams