Close, but no Cigar (Missed a Good Deal)

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,294 Senior Member
So there I was, perusing Armslist when I should have been working, pricing .357 revolvers after a thread here got me curious.

There it was: A 90%ish Dan Wesson .357 that had been posted that day, for the princely sum of $350.

Naturally, I fired away an email immediately saying I could meet the seller after 4 PM with cash. Unfortunately, I had been beat!
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,732 Senior Member
    Yep, the early bird gets the worm on the advertised good deals..................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,884 Senior Member
    That was a smoken deal, better luck next time
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,365 Senior Member
    There is a guy wearing green crocks, in the north east somewhere, just screaming at his computer screen at that deal. A good one to the "max"....
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,236 Senior Member
    Hate you missed out on the deal. I should be able to pick mine up Monday at the latest.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 9,569 Senior Member
    If you meet someone with cash, make sure you do so in a public place, like a sheriff's office. "Meet me at three a.m. in an abandoned warehouse with cash," no way.

I'm not a fan of Dan Wesson, personally. But they have a following in the silhouette game. The DA on the ones I've shot is bad, the SA is fine. Barrel/cylinder gap is adjustable and you can add on barrel lengths if you can find them.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06