Home Main Category Clubhouse

Old Dog New Tricks

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberPosts: 1,421 Senior Member
Decided to go back to college and finish what I started 40 years ago. Life got in the way and its always bothered my that I didn't at least get an A.A. degree. Oldest grandson starts his senior year on Monday and I started back last Monday. Hoping to graduate in the spring or summer. Man has college changed! Most everything dealing with registration, financial aid (Obama is paying this old **** $7,800 in grants to finish), homework, testing, student-teacher communications is done online. Class room lectures still the same. Stumbling to get up to speed with the new methods.

Government pays interest on a loan if I should take one for as long as I take at least six units. Hell, at 65 I may be in college for the rest of my life and never pay interest!

Anyway, I'm majoring in Real Estate business with computer information services as a minor, or major should I continue and get an A.S. degree as well.

Hated not finishing what I started and now its time to check this off my bucket list. (Besides, looking at coeds isn't a bad perk either, especially when they sit across from you in class without panties!) Times have changed!

Patrick

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Good deal! And knowing what you've accumulated over the years will make you a lot better prepared. Get that degree! :up:
    About those coeds sans underbritches; that was quite common back when I got my first A.S. degree in community college back in the 70s. So were 'duck skirts' with a hemline about 2" below a 'quack'. :silly: See through blouses without bras was a thing, too. Made it hard to concentrate on calculus equations!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,203 Senior Member
    Have fun! It isn't something I'd want to do again, but if it floats your boat, more power to ya! :up:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    Just be careful......"Obtaining a higher education is often a process of exchanging awareness for something of lesser value"! Dr. Aldo Leopold, considered to be the Father of Wildlife Biology in the USA said this, and I see it over and over!
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Just be careful......"Obtaining a higher education is often a process of exchanging awareness for something of lesser value"! Dr. Aldo Leopold, considered to be the Father of Wildlife Biology in the USA said this, and I see it over and over!

Bucket list item for me. Besides, I am to old to be fashioned by the B.S. in colleges today.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    After flunking out of two engineering schools during my misspent youth, I had to settle for a PHd from L'ecole D'Impactus Maximus. At age 70 and after having completed three pretty successful careers (so far), I doubt if I'm likely to go back to an institution that's run by a bunch of ultra-liberal donkeyholes who expect me pay them for the privilege of regurgitating volumes of their bovine scatology. Then it's up to them to decide when I'm sufficiently "educated" to award me a worthless piece of paper! I think not!
    Jerry
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member

I like this quote!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Go fer it, I got plenty degrees.... from the school of hard knocks.........

You don't quit looking at them gals in class you may need a different kind of Sheep Skin :tooth:

Good luck!

[IMG][/img]condom_zpsh4wagjnp.jpg
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    There is another part that goes with this quote that I left off: Full quote is this:

"Obtaining a higher education is often a process of exchanging awareness for something of lesser value. The goose who exchanges his is soon a pile of feathers". Dr. Leopold was truly a remarkable man. Highly educated, but far more common sense than most have. One of his classics is "Sand County Almanac" which discusses some of the basic laws of wildlife biology. Get a copy and read it, and you'll have a much better understanding of hillery clinton and other politicians.