Home Main Category Clubhouse

Jack Reacher: Never Go Back (October 21, 2016)

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 902 Senior Member
New Jack Reacher movie "Never Go Back" here is the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoCP_JHzBUM Oct. 21,2016. I saw the trailer today and it looks like a good movie.

I previously saw the original "Jack Reacher" movie: Released December 21, 2012 It has been on TV several times.

One morning in an ordinary town, five people are shot dead in a seemingly random attack. All evidence points to a single suspect: an ex-military sniper who is quickly brought into custody. The man's interrogation yields one statement: Get Jack Reacher (Tom Cruise). Reacher, an enigmatic ex-Army investigator, believes the authorities have the right man but agrees to help the sniper's defense attorney (Rosamund Pike). However, the more Reacher delves into the case, the less clear-cut it appears.

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,875 Senior Member
    That looks just like my kind of movie.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I read almost all the books. I'll need a buncha convincing to see a movie with Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,562 Senior Member
    early wrote: »
    I read almost all the books. I'll need a buncha convincing to see a movie with Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher.

He's actually pretty convincing as Reacher . I was surprised. As a Reacher fan, I can recommend the movie.

One of the reasons Cruise got the part was a lack of actors that were similar in size to the book character.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    RugerFan wrote: »
    He's actually pretty convincing as Reacher . I was surprised. As a Reacher fan, I can recommend the movie.

One of the reasons Cruise got the part was a lack of actors that were similar in size to the book character.

Hmmmm, well I might consider it then :up:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,626 Senior Member

Joe Pesci wasn't available?
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • SmileySmiley Member Posts: 201 Member
    One of my favorite movie. I don't see Tom as a bad actor and he was good in this one.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member

They fell SHORT!

" Tom Cruise - a 5'7" tall actor - would play Reacher, who is 6'5" tall in the books. Lee Child was quoted as saying, "Reacher's size in the books is a metaphor for an unstoppable force, which Cruise portrays in his own way."
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief wrote: »
    They fell SHORT!

" Tom Cruise - a 5'7" tall actor - would play Reacher, who is 6'5" tall in the books. Lee Child was quoted as saying, "Reacher's size in the books is a metaphor for an unstoppable force, which Cruise portrays in his own way."

Having seen a few pics of his claimed 5' 7" vs Nicole Kidman's 5' 11", I'd say the claims are...generous.

I watched her on a talk show shortly after their divorce and she said the best thing about it was finally being able to wear heels again! :roll2:
    George Carlin
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,453 Senior Member
    I saw Jack Reacher, and had suspend disbelief for Cruise. Kudos to the director and screen writer and stunt men, and to a limited degree, Cruz, who is a short man playing a tall man. Me and my daughter watched it last night, and neither of us like Cruz, but we both kinda liked the movie.

I read two of the Reacher books, and the fact that he never bathed, wore the same clothes all the time and got women to sleep with him kinda stretched reality. And Reacher killed a lot of people in a short period of time, more than the Black Death.

But for all that, the books were well-crafted and original. So was the movie.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member

I don't care how convincing he is, I wouldn't give a plug nickle to see any movie with Tom Cruise in it. That libtard jerk pisses me off to look at him. He's almost as bad as Hanoi Jane.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »

Now I love Joe Pesci, when playing a part that fits him. I don't think it's Reacher, but he is good when playing a part he fits. AND He doesn't piss me off to look at him.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    .....One of the reasons Cruise got the part was a lack of actors that were similar in size to the book character.

Zee was too tall.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,877 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I don't care how convincing he is, I wouldn't give a plug nickle to see any movie with Tom Cruise in it. That libtard jerk pisses me off to look at him. He's almost as bad as Hanoi Jane.

My thoughts also. Won't see my $.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,875 Senior Member
    Now I love Joe Pesci, when playing a part that fits him. I don't think it's Reacher, but he is good when playing a part he fits. AND He doesn't piss me off to look at him.

I thought he was excellent in 'Goodfellas' and the 'Lethal Weapon' series.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!

So, what you're saying is you like to look at Pesci? :tooth:
    George Carlin