Home Main Category Clubhouse

Got Bad Weather Coming In!

13»

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,867 Senior Member
    Hermine is officially past us, we still have the SW rain bands to go; however, the radar seems to indicate the rain is not overwhelming from those bands. The yard flooded front and back by 0030 and is way down this AM with standing water in the back half.

The garage only got a small amount of water, about one or 2 shop vac fills should take care of it.

Winds were shown as in the 20s range; but, did not seem high; the readings must have been for winds aloft.

The river at our son's place is high, though it would have to rise another 2 ft for serious concern; though we are worried.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,867 Senior Member
    After I posted the above, I see it is getting windy
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    I got out just in time, I've been in South Carolina all week and got back in town yesterday afternoon. It was starting to come down when we took off.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,624 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    The crew my friend runs was up there, and they turned around and headed home. He had NOTHING good to say about Noo Joisey folks! :roll2: My friend and his crew have worked hurricane and storm damage in the South for years. They've never been anything but welcomed by the local crews and the people in the South. They worked in Louisiana after Katrina, and them folks were tickled to death to see all the Southern state line and clearing crews show up, and that included the local line and clearing crews. I guess when trouble shows up, Southerners tend to stick together and put aside the stuff that doesn't matter.

Don't go thinking all us northerners think or act like the yoyos in New York/New Jersey. If it ever comes down to it, I know folks in WI would be far more hospitable than that.

I won't say the same for Illinois.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,098 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    Don't go thinking all us northerners think or act like the yoyos in New York/New Jersey. If it ever comes down to it, I know folks in WI would be far more hospitable than that.

I won't say the same for Illinois.

Same in MN, we lost several hundred trees in town about 10 yrs ago after a storm, you could barely tell in 4 days.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    They just got Bright House Cable/Internet up again for me about 11:40 am Sat. Power went out Friday am about 2:20 am and they got it up by 3:30 am and Cable was fine and then out it went........so it does suck when you are so used to having it 24/7.

Power is more important though. Lost of folks had it much worse. Heavy rain and some wind here at my house, trees down here and there, but just some small branches in my yard. Back porch roof repair held, no leaks..........well it's screened in and rain blew in from the storm around the door and edges, but not like it was.

Caught up on reading my gun mags and got some reloading done.

Hope everyone is OK in your neck of the woods.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,332 Senior Member
    Still no power at our place in TLH. Slow restoration with a pile of downed trees.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    More rain today, just what folks don't need any more of right now.

I'm spoiled with my creature comforts and I do feel your and others pain without electricity.

I hope they get you guys up and running soon.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!