Any little puddle ought to draw them in that country! :up:
  • TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula Member Posts: 220 Member
    Happy hunting!
    To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
    -William Blake-
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,364 Senior Member
    Shoot straight!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,132 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    Shoot straight!

DOVE! It's what's for dinner...
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,502 Senior Member
    Before even opening this thread, the first thought that came into my mind was YOU SUCK!!!
    Waiting for the hunt report........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,978 Senior Member
    I expect to see you up to your knees in hulls.....
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,079 Senior Member
    They're "songbirds" in Michigan....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,687 Senior Member
    Wasn't a good morning for sure.....doves were just not flying only got 5.
    Guess I'll have to try somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,286 Senior Member
    Worst opening week of dove season ever. We had a weather front come in a week before the season and dump 5" of rain. The doves moved out with it. Olney TX is considered one of Texas's best and hot spots for dove hunting. There have just been so few birds flying. I pulled the trigger only once and missed of course. Hoping it would get better as the weekend progressed. Nope all we have are a gazillion Deet resistance skeeters swarming from the 5" of rain! Hopefully the Dec season will be better.
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,364 Senior Member
    gator wrote: »
    Wasn't a good morning for sure.....doves were just not flying only got 5.
    Guess I'll have to try somewhere else.

Enough for dinner with no guest!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 405 Member
    They didn't fly good here either. I hunted all day Saturday too get my limit 3 of us ended up with 42. It was enough for a good meal.
    Jeff in TX wrote: »
    Worst opening week of dove season ever. We had a weather front come in a week before the season and dump 5" of rain. The doves moved out with it. Olney TX is considered one of Texas's best and hot spots for dove hunting. There have just been so few birds flying. I pulled the trigger only once and missed of course. Hoping it would get better as the weekend progressed. Nope all we have are a gazillion Deet resistance skeeters swarming from the 5" of rain! Hopefully the Dec season will be better.

Rain and Dove Hunting Sucks. Even if they didn't move out with the front, there will be water puddles everywhere and the dove won't fly. I like it when it's dry as a bone and the water tank I'm settin at is the only water for miles around. Then they will attack you.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    timc wrote: »
    Enough for dinner with no guest!

Yeah, if there's only two of you for dinner, you can fight over the odd bird,:jester:
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,687 Senior Member
    Did a bit better yesterday evening got 16 between 2 of us.

USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,286 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Rain and Dove Hunting Sucks. Even if they didn't move out with the front, there will be water puddles everywhere and the dove won't fly. I like it when it's dry as a bone and the water tank I'm settin at is the only water for miles around. Then they will attack you.

Amen to that! I really hope the late season is better than the early season. I'm not very good at shooting them but I normally get my share. This year I pulled the trigger once and spent most of the time swatting skeeters!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21