Home Main Category Personal Defense

What kind of idiot would buy one of these and carry it????

2»

Replies

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    bulldogg wrote: »
    ......... where people said they had Badges,..............

Badgers?

We don't need no more stinking badgers!

3156158_370.jpg

We got lots of them.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,357 Senior Member
    Mushroom! Mushroom!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    bulldogg wrote: »
    I've seem posted on other forums, where people said they had Badges,I just assume they were LEO.

Hey, that's cool if you're an LEO. Myself, I'm no LEO, I don't want to be an LEO, I don't need to do that. Most LEOs, thank God, aren't like that. But there's a few. There's some other people who also need to feel they have authority. I don't. All I want is to have the right to protect myself and family.

I don't need to wear no jack boots or wear a 12 inch high stetson to feel adequate. I don't need to talk smart ass to people or sound like I'm tough. I'm tough enough. I just want to be left alone to do my thing, within the law, and enjoy what God has afforded me. In other words, I DON'T need no Freaking BADGE!!! And I truly believe that someone who would seriously wear a badge like that, who is NOT an LEO, has a real tangible problem with his/her ego.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    .................. In other words, I DON'T need no Freaking BADGE!!! And I truly believe that someone who would seriously wear a badge like that, who is NOT an LEO, has a real tangible problem with his/her ego.

Gee snake...........

5142308676_f6808e41b2_z.jpg

................give a guy the benefit of the doubt.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,668 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    Gee snake...........

5142308676_f6808e41b2_z.jpg

................give a guy the benefit of the doubt.

"there's a snake in my boot!"
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    "Medic, get that stretcher up here!"

Oops, wrong one.
  • GunnerJackyGunnerJacky New Member Posts: 19 New Member
    I don't think anybody who has a cent of sense should do that. In my opinion, impersonating a police officer should itself be an offense. You just cannot look like a police authority and walk the street with a false badge.
    Get firearms safety training only from NRA certified schools
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,530 Senior Member
    ...uh, impersonating a police officer IS an offense. Either a misdemeanor or a felony.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • SmileySmiley Member Posts: 201 Member
    I saw this in the BudK catalog and the first thing I thought is, "Oh Brother." :popcorn:
  • KSDeputyKSDeputy Member Posts: 55 Member
    I carry a badge, but it is a real one. In my state, KS, we have constitutional carry. You can still get a CCP if you travel out of state, to other states that recognize a KS permit.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,988 Senior Member
    I attended a CCW class with a friend last week just to see what they did. One nugget I got was if a CCW badge has the Florida State Seal on it, it is impersonating an officer.

Impersonating an officer is third degree felony in Florida, impersonating an officer during the commission of a crime is a second degree felony, and death or injury resulting while impersonating an officer is a first degree felony.

If you had a badge and had a shoot that was deemed unrighteous you could go away for life.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,623 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    I attended a CCW class with a friend last week just to see what they did. One nugget I got was if a CCW badge has the Florida State Seal on it, it is impersonating an officer.

Impersonating an officer is third degree felony in Florida, impersonating an officer during the commission of a crime is a second degree felony, and death or injury resulting while impersonating an officer is a first degree felony.

If you had a badge and had a shoot that was deemed unrighteous you could go away for life.

D

Yep. There's enough trouble awaiting anybody who's forced to defend themselves using deadly force...There's no sense tempting fate with anything that might make the holder even appear to be gung ho about doing so. Remember, you don't have to actually be guilty, you just have to 'look' guilty to a jury.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,623 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Let's break it down. All the way down.
    If you buy a CCW badge for any reason other than a joke, your penis is less than one inch long and you're compensating for it.

Wait...if it's only an inch long am I...er....uhh....I mean, would anybody be required to buy one? Just asking, you know... informational purposes. For a buddy of mine.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin