Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Well, wife & I voted

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,979 Senior Member
Due to some "up in the air" plans, wife and I aren't sure we'll be home on election day. We both signed up for absentee ballots because of that, filled out and returned them yesterday.

So ours are cast :up:
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Good on ya for making sure you voted! :up:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,979 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Good on ya for making sure you voted! :up:
    Damned skippy. I'm pretty sure Alabama will be a red state irregardless of if we'd voted or not, however, I'm a firm believer in the philosophy that if you don't vote (even if your choice loses) you don't have a right to complain about whomever DOES win
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    :up: :up:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,291 Senior Member
    Did you have to take a shower after you voted?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Yep, good on you for voting. In 2004, I went to the Philippines because my Mother in Law was sick. She had been sick for about three months so I planned to go around the 4th of October and planned to be there until the end of November. In fact she died right after I got there. So we ended up staying even longer taking care of business. Knowing I was going, I voted absentee. I paid $50 to have my ballot sent by DHL to insure it got back. So now I tell everybody I had to pay $50 to vote for Bush.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,979 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Did you have to take a shower after you voted?
    Just lit some candles to rid the house of the stench