Home Main Category General Firearms

What's your favorite .22

2»

Replies

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,156 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    My favorite is my Single-Six convertible, the favorite in the my house is the Henry Mini-Bolt

Oddly enough, out of all the 22s I have, my favorite to shoot right now is my son's CZ-452 scout. Short, light, handy, great iron sights, and with a 10 round magazine a complete hoot to shoot when plinking.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,893 Senior Member
    [IMG][/img]008_zps913579a2.jpg
    favorite rifle. Browning T-Bolt
    [IMG][/img]sig-hammerlitrailside002.jpg
    Favorite pistol. Sig Hamerreli Trailside
    Sako
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    My favorite would be my Ruger 10/22, got it brand new for my 12th birthday. That rifles has put a pallet of ammo down range.

47c5289386f146af1fa37b120d5c6acb_zpsb82f82bb.jpg

I have others that are better looking (to me), more accurate, worth more or are better "all around" rifles but the Ruger is always the first one I think of when someone says .22.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,696 Senior Member
    For scoped hunting/plinking, my CZ 455FS:

Also got a CZ 452 Trainer that is my #1 choice for open sights shooting....very accurate even with bulk ammo.

Favorite handgun? I'm split between 2 Rugers: A MkIII and a Single Six:

• HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    I longed after a Browning SA 22, but alas it was way above my budget, then after I could afford one, they got scarce. My favorite .22 rifle would be my Marlin Model 39M, that has killed a truck load of squirrels, rabbits and one very unlucky crow. My favorite .22 revolver would be my JP Sauer & Sohns Centurian on a 38 frame. My favorite .22 pistol would be my Ruger MKIII Hunter, with a holographic sight.........robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    Got 3 or 4 .22's. A little Winchester Mod 06 pump is the oldest. Got snapshots of me with it in 1942, when I was 4 years old, dressed in my little Naval Officers uniform out looking for Nazi soldiers hiding in the bushes around the house. (During WWII it was common to dress kids up in military uniforms.)

A Marlin 39A my Dad gave me in 1950 for my 12th birthday. That one has killed about half a million squirrels etc. Haven't shot it in several years.

Winchester Model 52 made in 1928 for the Army for marksmanship training. Still in excellent condition. Is accurate beyond belief with the original receiver sights on it.

And, the .22 Woodsman Colt pistol that I never shoot. Guess I'm getting too old to mess with any of 'em any more!