Home Main Category Clubhouse

my work here is done

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 7,398 Senior Member
Before I came up to Baaaastin my father told me to bring a meter, the back porch light didnt work, and "oh by the way" there isnt hot water in the kitchen sink. BIL is in the hospital (what is it? Its a big building with sick people in it, but that doesnt matter right now) and will be there for a while. When he gets out, he wont be doing anything for a while.

BIL had replaced the light fixture and it still didnt work. I am thinking a while ago because it is weather worn. Pulled the fixture off, 120vac on the meter. Looked at the light, and the halogen bulb was in beyond the conductors. Put the bulb in the right place, let there be light.

Sink is a all in one, one handle with sprayer in the handle. Had a trickle of water for months. I pulled the lines apart, there was a hunk of what looked to be old o ring in the feed line. Found a small drill bit and had hot water.

Cleaned up by 11:15AM on day one.

Dog in the land of sheep. You guys better write a lot this week. I have to live vicariously through you, I am 2 states beyond America in a happy Clinton voter area. There will be no trigger squeezing this week.

Back deck needs paint, front porch needs a board and stain. I hope I can find a real lumber yard because the only saw I have seen here is a voopah. You move it across the grain and it goes voopah voopah, and I need a 1x4x16' and I am not going to rip it by hand.
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,610 Senior Member
    Before I came up to Baaaastin my father told me to bring a meter, the back porch light didnt work, and "oh by the way" there isnt hot water in the kitchen sink. BIL is in the hospital (what is it? Its a big building with sick people in it, but that doesnt matter right now) and will be there for a while. When he gets out, he wont be doing anything for a while.

BIL had replaced the light fixture and it still didnt work. I am thinking a while ago because it is weather worn. Pulled the fixture off, 120vac on the meter. Looked at the light, and the halogen bulb was in beyond the conductors. Put the bulb in the right place, let there be light.

Sink is a all in one, one handle with sprayer in the handle. Had a trickle of water for months. I pulled the lines apart, there was a hunk of what looked to be old o ring in the feed line. Found a small drill bit and had hot water.

Cleaned up by 11:15AM on day one.

Dog in the land of sheep. You guys better write a lot this week. I have to live vicariously through you, I am 2 states beyond America in a happy Clinton voter area. There will be no trigger squeezing this week.

Back deck needs paint, front porch needs a board and stain. I hope I can find a real lumber yard because the only saw I have seen here is a voopah. You move it across the grain and it goes voopah voopah, and I need a 1x4x16' and I am not going to rip it by hand.

C'mon, 16' of ripping by hand? Who wouldn't want to do that? Should only take about an hour and a half...
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    Looks to be mahogany decking..... joy. At least 4 kick panels on the steps are rotten..... I'll be dipped if I can find a tape measure....
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Looks to be mahogany decking..... joy. At least 4 kick panels on the steps are rotten..... I'll be dipped if I can find a tape measure....

Hey, we're nosey! Give us some background on what you're doing there. And maybe how long and why? Your title sounds like your through, but it sounds like you've just started.

What-where-why-when!!!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.

Tape measure, shmape measure. Get at it
    George Carlin
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,917 Senior Member
    ... I'll be dipped if I can find a tape measure....

Get a piece of string
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    BIL in the hospital so I am here to get the kids on the bus. Its family. Its what you do.

I keep acquiring work, which isnt that bad, since I have jack to do for about 6 hours a day.

I dunno, just seems that there is a awful lot that isnt done that is basic stuff that is accumulating... but there is a nice wine rack.... connection?

I get along good with my sister because we live 600 miles apart. When we are together, politics are off the table.

My dad said the kids lack for nothing but discipline, I am not having a real problem, but just had to raise the voice some.

Did I mention I am in a land of liberals??
    In Boston? Blasphemy!

The correlation between a lack of attention to detail and a full wine rack is likely just a coincidence.
    George Carlin