Home Main Category General Firearms

GSG .22

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 10,905 Senior Member
Am on a little business trip with the wife and after visiting BigChief and lunch with a co worker we stopped by a local gun shop. They had a really nice feeling .22 handgun, supressor ready and another not. Great price and feeling gun, but no chance to shoot one and am wondering if anyone knows about them
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    I bought a GSG upper kit for my Gold Cup. Cost about 200 and switches on and off in a minute. Very accurate, but shoots a tad high. Doesn't function well with standard velocity, giving me a hangup every couple magazines. But it's flawless with CCI Mini-Mags. Don't know about the full size guns.

Will say, since the slide is aluminum but the slide stop is steel, you would do well not to run it dry every magazine. Stop short of making the slide stop stop the slide, or you will likely eventually get a little excessive wear to the slide stop recession the slide. No need to beat it up unnecessarily.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,905 Senior Member
    Thanks Dan. I went back and fondled it again. Really like how it felt, but hesitant to make a purchase without more info
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,905 Senior Member
    Got back on the hotel wifi and did some checking. GSG is more known than I thought, just not in the USA. For anyone interested the GSG Firefly is the Sig Mosquito without the Sig name. But, with a updated magazine and better QC.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    I don't have one of the GSG pistols, but I have their .22 LR AK47 clone. That thing runs really well. It's constructed really well with some good features. Fun shooter, and a good choice for when the squirrels go all jihad on me. :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member
    If I were in the market for a 1911 style .22 the GSG would be towards the top of the list. I have several friends who own one and I've heard no negative reports thus far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,854 Senior Member
    I bought a gsg 1911 in June and haven't looked back. Love it! A little ammo finicky, but not too
    bad.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain