Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

US and UK call to arms

Warmaster94Warmaster94 New MemberPosts: 20 New Member
(redacted)
Who Dares Wins

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    For very long the US and UK have fought side by side in numerous wars all the way from WW1 to WW2 to the Gulf War and until today in Syria, Afghan and Iraq all in the name of Democracy and Freedom and now i ask our American brothers to help reinstate the right to bear arms in the UK. For very long our gun laws have been extremely restricitive,opressing and outright stupid and its very much getting worse. Our guns have been taken away since 1987 and 1997 and are getting tighter. Many veterans of the British Army are being prosecuted and charged with the possesion of illegal firearms such as service pistols and rifles they keep as a reminder of their once service to Queen and Country and alot of them are elderley WW2 and Korea Vets who can't defend themselfs from the charges and its very immoral and pathetic. I ask All US Gunners who are willing to fight for gun freedom in the US aswell as UK and stand once again for you oldest partner in Freedom and Democracy, Free our Veterans and gunners who are demonised and opressed for posessing firearms around the country in the name of Freedom and the Second Amendment.

http://www.nra.org.uk/

There's nothing more dear to our hearts and we would love to help. But the effort has to start there. You need an organized effort. You need to get in contact with our NRA. They are tryingt to help. You need some leverage on your politicians to get them to move on this. You have enough people with the desire, but you need them organized into a group such as NRA. You may need to call it HM NRA, LOL! Seriously though, we will help any way we can.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,789 Senior Member
    We're in a fight to keep our rights!!
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,939 Senior Member
    While I am sympathetic to your cause, I believe your problem started before WWII , I am old enough to remember when American citizens packaged up there own personal guns and sent them to the UK so your people could protect themselves in case of a German invasion, as I was led to understand if we won the war these guns would be sent back to there owners, that never happened. What happened to all those guns ???

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Warmaster94Warmaster94 New Member Posts: 20 New Member
    jaywapti wrote: »
    While I am sympathetic to your cause, I believe your problem started before WWII , I am old enough to remember when American citizens packaged up there own personal guns and sent them to the UK so your people could protect themselves in case of a German invasion, as I was led to understand if we won the war these guns would be sent back to there owners, that never happened. What happened to all those guns ???

JAY

British Government probably threw the guns in a dump or seized them since most of the home guard back then were armed with pikes, sword and rarely black powder weapons like muskets and blunderbuss's as the government were relucutant to give civilians guns like the Lee Enfield, Bren and Webley and thought they only belonged with soldiers mainly.
    Who Dares Wins
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    For one, I don't trust you. There. I said it. You put off a bad vibe. If not, my apologies....

I agree with him.

There. I said it.

Second, I'm an arrogant American.

I agree with him.

There. I said it.
    British Government probably threw the guns in a dump or seized them since most of the home guard back then were armed with pikes, sword and rarely black powder weapons like muskets and blunderbuss's as the government were relucutant to give civilians guns like the Lee Enfield, Bren and Webley and thought they only belonged with soldiers mainly.

Blood and sand.

Help!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    At least I'm not the only one who believes you sound a little bit phony. You people have a centuries-long history of kissing the royals' backsides- - - -and thanking them for the load of poop they drop on you in return. We told them where to shove their abuse in 1776- - - -when are you going to catch up to us?

Shush- - - -what's your opinion of your countryman's whining?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    At least I'm not the only one who believes you sound a little bit phony. You people have a centuries-long history of kissing the royals' backsides- - - -and thanking them for the load of poop they drop on you in return. We told them where to shove their abuse in 1776- - - -when are you going to catch up to us?

Shush- - - -what's your opinion of your countryman's whining?
    :uhm:
    Jerry

I agree with you.

There. I said it.

Teach wrote: »
    ..........your countryman's whining?

Are we really really sure about that?

http://forums.gunsandammo.com/showthread.php?30330-UK-Gun-Laws-and-the-Reality
    shush wrote: »
    .........Damn Kaan-saaf wallas and Wikipedia, they do not mix well .
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,439 Senior Member
    Somebody give him a shove the needle is stuck.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Somebody give him a shove the needle is stuck.

I agree with you.

There. I said it.

Are we sure it is not buffy taking the pith.
    I agree with you.

There. I said it.

Are we sure it is not buffy taking the pith.
    There is that lisp showing up again.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,939 Senior Member

Your govt. wanted the guns for the "home guard" if they were reluctant to give then second rate guns, please tell me what happened to all the top quality Winchester, Remington, Savage, Colt, S&W, etc. that were sent over ???? Were they dumped or did your elate get them ?? For me its personal as my uncle sent over a few guns.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    jaywapti wrote: »
    ......... please tell me what happened to all the top quality Winchester, Remington, Savage, Colt, S&W, etc. that were sent over ????....

JAY

We ate them.

Rationing and all that, don't you know. :roll:
    There is that lisp showing up again.

Yeth.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,337 Senior Member
    Regarding the privately owned firearms sent from the U.S. for use by the Home Guard during WWII. After the end of the war the firearms were collected and either destroyed, or encased in concrete and dumped into the ocean. At least one rifle made it back, though.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/650257/posts

Help for the beleaguered nation came from both the American government and from the American people, the latter through the "American Committee for Defense of British Homes." In late 1940, the committee sent an urgent appeal -- which, of course, appeared in American Rifleman -- for Americans to send "Pistols - Rifles - Revolvers - Shotguns - Binoculars" because "British civilians, faced with the threat of invasion, desperately need arms for the defense of their homes." Thousands of arms were collected and sent to England, one of which was a .30-'06 Model 1903 target rifle owned by Major John W. Hession. Hession was one of the pre-eminent highpower rifle target shooters of his day, and he used that rifle to win Olympic gold at Bisley Camp in England in 1908. The rifle, unlike the majority sent, was returned and can now be viewed int he national Firearms Museum.

Now regarding the UK and the onerous gun laws. Organize, educate, get out the vote and if necessary grab those Lords and Ladies of Parliament by the front of the shirt in one hand and pound your fist into their faces with the other until they get the idea that they are more screwed up than a can of worms in in a mating frenzy and redress their colossal screwups from the last century and a half foisted on the people by that bunch of wannabe semi royal air heads squatting on their haunches in Parliament. (Whew! That was a mouthful of verbiage!) Take your country back!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Crunching on wood and steel explains the bad teeth.

My pearly whites are older than you, all of them.

tennmike wrote: »
    ............... Take your country back!

Not again.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,849 Senior Member
    What, pray tell, would you like us to do.....invade?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    What, pray tell, would you like us to do.....invade?

Oil all gone.
    Oil all gone.

But you've got scones.....

And scottish haggis, you are more than welcome to that.

Keep your hands off my Black Pudding though.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Hopefully, the Brexit, if handled well, will lead to successive conservative governments that will, over time, and as Muslim agitation increases, see the benefit of an armed population. But really, it's up to you. You have to find politicians brave enough to take on the establishment and the press, and advocate for gun rights. Those politicians will have to be extremely well informed and offer scholarly as well as emotional arguments supporting their case. It's a long hard struggle ahead, and if it's won it probably won't be in your lifetime, but what have you got to lose by starting?
    And scottish haggis, you are more than welcome to that.

Keep your hands off my Black Pudding though.

Spotted D ick has a lot going for it too...possibly invasion worthy....
    Beer, scotch, wax jackets, a "proper curry" oh there are lots of things worth it over there!:tooth:

Scones ain't bad if you have something better than Tea to wash them down with.

Actually, I will never tell you I don't trust you. You are our British Cousins. Most of us came from your blood line. I would never tell you I won't support you. I will fight side by side with you if you do your part. I am your blood brother. But like I said in my first post here, you need to organize an effort to begin this. We can only support you. We cannot do it for you.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Spotted D ick has a lot going for it too...possibly invasion worthy....

Spotted(D-i-c-k) !!! I love that! That's funny I don't care who you are,

:rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao:

Damn Auto Censor! LOL!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,708 Senior Member
    For very long the US and UK have fought side by side in numerous wars all the way from WW1 to WW2 to the Gulf War and until today in Syria, Afghan and Iraq all in the name of Democracy and Freedom and now i ask our American brothers to help reinstate the right to bear arms in the UK. For very long our gun laws have been extremely restricitive,opressing and outright stupid and its very much getting worse. Our guns have been taken away since 1987 and 1997 and are getting tighter. Many veterans of the British Army are being prosecuted and charged with the possesion of illegal firearms such as service pistols and rifles they keep as a reminder of their once service to Queen and Country and alot of them are elderley WW2 and Korea Vets who can't defend themselfs from the charges and its very immoral and pathetic. I ask All US Gunners who are willing to fight for gun freedom in the US aswell as UK and stand once again for you oldest partner in Freedom and Democracy, Free our Veterans and gunners who are demonised and opressed for posessing firearms around the country in the name of Freedom and the Second Amendment.

http://www.nra.org.uk/

And you would have us do what????
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Beer, scotch, wax jackets, a "proper curry" oh there are lots of things worth it over there!:tooth:

Hey, I love a good curry. I make it about once a week. Anybody that's been to the UK knows a good curry.
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 835 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    And you would have us do what????

I don't think bug-a-lugs knows what he wants us to do, maybe he'll chip in and enlighten us after Mum's dished him up his fish fingers and made him his after dinner milo and bikkies.
  • WheelWheel Member Posts: 102 Member
    Perhaps we could appeal to the mayor of London.

As a Muslim, he should appreciate the right of good folks to have weapons.

I'm sure the fundamentalized (oops, I mean "radicalized") constituency he represents will appeal to their homeland to send arms to England and Wales in their time of need.

After all, one in twenty people in England and Wales is Muslim now, though most were not born there.

Add a bolognese and a good gin, and that sounds just like our house.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    His IP address checks out as London.

Thank you for that. :up:

Does not say he is pukka though.

One will just have to take on the burden and cope manfully.

Grin and bere/bear/bare it, as it were/ware/wear.

Wheel wrote: »
    ....After all, one in twenty people in England and Wales is Muslim now, though most were not born there.

You forgot Scotland and Northern Ireland, still part of the UK, that brings it to 1 in 22.222222222222222222222222222222 or 4.5%.