Home Main Category Clubhouse

Worked a Trump rally. Interesting.

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,535 Senior Member
I got to work the Trump rally in Melbourne, FL. First, the Trump campaign issued about 20,000 tickets for a venue with a max capacity of 8,500. That was fun...telling 6,000+ people they can't get in turned them into self entitled democrats really fast--complete with yelling and throwing food/drink at us.

I met Trump very, very briefly and met/ stood next to Rudy Giuliani for about 15 minutes. It was quite the experience.

If Trump is anything it's that he is unapologetically outspoken and feverishly pro-law enforcement.

The Secret Service is a group of really, really good, stand-up dudes. I got a small Secret Service memorabilia pin they give out to local LEO at dignitary events. I thoroughly enjoyed working with them.

It's really a more complicated and crazy experience than I could hope to type.

3d6a762c76c0017b5488aa8e988d2223.jpg
8cd39ef728f3a2d70f47b1c497d765c4.jpg



Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    I got to work the Trump rally in Melbourne, FL. First, the Trump campaign issued about 20,000 tickets for a venue with a max capacity of 8,500. That was fun...telling 6,000+ people they can't get in turned them into self entitled democrats really fast--complete with yelling and throwing food/drink at us.

    I met Trump very, very briefly and met/ stood next to Rudy Giuliani for about 15 minutes. It was quite the experience.

    If Trump is anything it's that he is unapologetically outspoken and feverishly pro-law enforcement.

    The Secret Service is a group of really, really good, stand-up dudes. I got a small Secret Service memorabilia pin they give out to local LEO at dignitary events. I thoroughly enjoyed working with them.

    It's really a more complicated and crazy experience than I could hope to type.

    3d6a762c76c0017b5488aa8e988d2223.jpg
    8cd39ef728f3a2d70f47b1c497d765c4.jpg



    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

    Man! Now you really suck! I would have given my left Nut to do that! I especially like Rudy.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    It seems that all of Trump's event have those kinds of attendance numbers where shrillary's are usually around 1000 and yet the media is continually trying to convince the public that she is much more popular.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    The Secret Service is a group of really, really good, stand-up dudes.- - - - - - - I thoroughly enjoyed working with them.

    They must be, to be able to guard ungrateful scum like obummer and hildabeast without some Oath Keeper in their group doing a mag dump. It must be terribly difficult!
    Jerry
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,535 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    It seems that all of Trump's event have those kinds of attendance numbers where shrillary's are usually around 1000 and yet the media is continually trying to convince the public that she is much more popular.
    The Secret Service guys said that too. They said Trump's rallies are 5 to 6 times larger wherever they go compared to Hillary.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • SmileySmiley Member Posts: 201 Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    The Secret Service guys said that too. They said Trump's rallies are 5 to 6 times larger wherever they go compared to Hillary.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

    Really? Sound like he's a shoo-in for the title. Good.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,851 Senior Member
    Smiley wrote: »
    Really? Sound like he's a shoo-in for the title. Good.
    Wouldn't be so sure about that. It's hard to dig up memaw & papaw for a rally THEN get them to the polls on election day to vote for hitlerly too
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,005 Senior Member
    Smiley wrote: »
    Really? Sound like he's a shoo-in for the title. Good.

    Well, they don't bring out the dead ones until election day
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,851 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Well, they don't bring out the dead ones until election day
    Think alike much Bullsi? :tooth:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,851 Senior Member
    Sounds good Jason :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    They must be, to be able to guard ungrateful scum like obummer and hildabeast Jerry


    I've read a couple of Ronald Kessler's books about the Secret Service and they all state that being assigned to shrillary is considered a form of punishment.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    they all state that being assigned to shrillary is considered a form of punishment.

    I met a retired SS agent at a shooting range several years ago who said he was assigned to guard the Clintons during Bill's first run for President. He said Hillary tried to get frisky with her guard detail, but even before she got old and ugly, nobody was that desperate for a roll in the hay! That might be why she dislikes them so much now!
    Jerry
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,757 Senior Member
    One thing I learned during my time withthe government; any visit by the President or a potential President is a monumental pain-in-the-ass.......
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    any visit by the President or a potential President is a monumental pain-in-the-ass.......

    At least the Republicans use Vaseline!
    :yikes:
    Jerry
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    One thing I learned during my time withthe government; any visit by the President or a potential President is a monumental pain-in-the-ass.......
    Change president to the appropriate executive for whatever state/municipality you're working for, and it's true for all levels of gov....
    Overkill is underrated.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    One thing I learned during my time withthe government; any visit by the President or a potential President is a monumental pain-in-the-ass.......


    Not for everyone. When I worked for General Dynamics in Fort Worth, I worked on the flightline and when Bush came to tour the facility, they herded us all into the breakroom except for the crew of the hangar he was going to visit and we got to take a nice long break until he left.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    I thought that when Bernie Sanders was racking up large numbers of folks and the Republicans weren't, it was because the Bernie Bros had no jobs and Republican supporters were too busy working.

    Now Trump's racking up huge crowds and the Dems aren't...:uhm:
    Overkill is underrated.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,607 Senior Member
    I thought that when Bernie Sanders was racking up large numbers of folks and the Republicans weren't, it was because the Bernie Bros had no jobs and Republican supporters were too busy working.

    Now Trump's racking up huge crowds and the Dems aren't...:uhm:



    Now, now... there's no room for logic here.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,607 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    He's worth calling in sick for...



    See? It's different! All the folks at the Trump rally have jobs, they just weren't doing them...which is WAY better than those Bernie slackers :jester:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    Not just not doing them, but lying about why they're not there.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    Not all have that option. I guarantee a carpenter ain't working at a Trump rally.

    I don't have any problems with folks going to the rallies, but I find it odd how on one side they're "obviously" unemployed or slackers, but the other side "sacrificed" their work time to see the candidate.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,805 Senior Member
    Jason was working while attending the rally.... :jester:

    I'd rather work and be anywhere but the rally.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,607 Senior Member
    Not all have that option. I guarantee a carpenter ain't working at a Trump rally.

    I don't have any problems with folks going to the rallies, but I find it odd how on one side they're "obviously" unemployed or slackers, but the other side "sacrificed" their work time to see the candidate.

    Well...because libtards.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,520 Senior Member
    I have babysat enough people for money. I can't imagine going to anything like that WILLINGLY! Piss on THAT clownery. There is no human alive that could draw me to a crowd like that of my own volition.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • waipapa13waipapa13 Senior Member Posts: 827 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Why can't you do your job and still go to a rally? I work at the pool, beach, boat. I have an iPhone, I'm working. :tooth:

    Is there an app for cleaning that pool, tar sealing that road to the beach and servicing that outboard?? :jester:
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement