First coyote hunt this fall

1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior MemberPosts: 1,575 Senior Member
On my second stand of the morning, after five minutes of lightning jack- a sound on my caller, I switched to pup distress and three minutes in to the new sound two coyotes came running into the draw I sat over. I let the first come to the caller and barked st him until he stopped for a gimme shot at fifty yards. Number two was tougher, wouldn't stop for me until two hundred yards and I whiffed two shots at him plus a salute as he shagged it over next hill. First double called in of the fall34fd9d4d75f5f04282dd091b000c3878.jpg330b6c7d5f61836a5263adc8da5f0abd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    Great work, man! That pup distress is something else and you worked it to perfection. You've got some great looking territory out there to hunt!

I almost had my first Fall coyote last night sitting a deer stand on base. I was across the meadow from a buddy when I saw one appear. I pulled out a rabbit distress call that I keep in my hunt bag for just such a situation. It was charging at me on a line, but when it got downwind on my buddy's blind, it broke off immediately and ditched into the woods. Oh, well. plenty more where that one came from.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,240 Senior Member
    Nice start to the fall. Which pasture were you in?
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,575 Senior Member
    Nice start to the fall. Which pasture were you in?

Plum hollow east side. I'm in a funk now, I drove over to the Marshall county pasture and called in and flat out missed a easy Peasy shot at one hundred yards. Just yanked the trigger no squeeze at all I might have knocked a chunk off him but no recovery 😡😡 so now it's off to take my frustrations out on steel targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk