Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Same song, second verse for the Alabama Chief Justice

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 22,197 Senior Member
Which is the reason I refused to vote for him the last election. Knowing what happened last time, I told the wife then that I expect him to do something else to get thrown out.

This time, it's gay marriage.
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-roy-moore-ethics-20160928-snap-story.html

While I may have similar feelings as he does on the subjects, feelings don't trump federal court rulings.

OOPS, I can't edit the topic so my misspelling of "chief" stays, unless one of the mods would be so kind as to correct it for me
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Actually, you can edit a thread title- - - -it involves clicking on an "advanced" icon somewhere. The old boy is an entertaining cuss, like most of the Bama politicians. We get the Huntsville TV channels and the electioneering inevitably ends up with more mud being flung than a herd of good ole boys at a mud bog!
    :rotflmao:
    Jerry
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,197 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »

OOPS, I can't edit the topic so my misspelling of "chief" stays, unless one of the mods would be so kind as to correct it for me
    Thank you Mr Jayhawker, sir :beer:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,692 Senior Member
    Yep, they interrupted programming with the "Breaking News" earlier today. I've been busy with other projects and just got back on here too post it.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Dumb, since he is suspended, they can't replace him so we sit w/o one until 2018 or something. Maybe that's a good thing. He' can't run for re-election cause of his age so he's done. I wish they had the age rule for the SCOTUS.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Dumb, since he is suspended, they can't replace him so we sit w/o one until 2018 or something. Maybe that's a good thing. He' can't run for re-election cause of his age so he's done. I wish they had the age rule for the SCOTUS.
    One of the political science professors a local (Birmingham) station interviewed said what I was already thinking, ""He might as well have announced his gubernatorial candidacy today"
    :mad:

I won't be voting for him :nono:

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Big Luther is gonna run, I think he may have a shot.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,595 Senior Member
    "Ayatollah of Alabama"

Perfect. And good riddance. Again.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."