Home Main Category Clubhouse

Hi from Rio

ilove22silove22s Senior MemberPosts: 1,391 Senior Member
Hey all,

Just a quick not to say hi.

My last day in Rio and my last day for my trip. So this sunday it will be back to the grind, but i will have a big grin on my face for a while. I will come back next year since i missed somethings and more to see in S. America.

Heres some pics of Rio and some other spots....

Sugarloaf mt

Ipanema beach. It was overcast snd drizzly...almost like our oregon beaches...

Easter island and some moai. Really cool place. Giing back next year since i got some virus at start of trip and it killed a week of travel. 8

Iguazu falls...from the argentine side...diablo falls? Or bowl. It rained the night before so there was more? Water going over. It was winter and so the falls have less water going over but not today.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Caio
The ears never lie.

- Don Burt

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    A strange and alien looking place.

Safe travels home.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hey, cool. Get home safe and thanks for sharing the pics.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • calebibcalebib Senior Member Posts: 1,701 Senior Member
    Don't eat too much feijoada! Easier said than done, I'm sure.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,693 Senior Member
    ilove22s wrote: »
    .... I will come back next year since i missed somethings and more to see in S. America.....

I suggest the South of Chile, Colombian beaches and Argentina, where you can even book some hunting trips.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,826 Senior Member
    To bad it was bad weather on your beach day!! There have been a few more "Brazilians" there!
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,391 Senior Member
    calebib wrote: »
    Don't eat too much feijoada! Easier said than done, I'm sure.

whats funny was that a guy from SP i met at Easter Island told me about the feijoada. But i forgot the name. When i travel my eating schedule and quantity gets screwed up so i may eat one big meal a day even with all of the walking i do.

but the best part is that I'm going back next year and have it on my list of things to eat.

I did chow down on all of the empanadas and the different filled croissants and empanadas.

even in Argentina i made it to 1 steak house. Had a rib eye. It was okay. Im not a red meat eater. I should have asked for the most "tender" cut, but my dad likes Ribeye so it was the first thing that came out of my mouth. One thing though was that the steak did taste better than what i get in the store.

Brazil had the baked cheese balls. Those were really habit forming. I bought 6 to bring home with me but only 2 made it. Others were casualties during my flight.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,391 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    To bad it was bad weather on your beach day!! There have been a few more "Brazilians" there!

the sun did come out my last day. Did make it back to Ipanema Beach too. Way more people than before, but not so much a "target rich environment".
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt