Home Main Category Clubhouse

Dinner with a fellow forum member

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 2,054 Senior Member
it's always great to meet up with fellow forum members. I'm here in Denver on a business trip on the front end buffalo hunt on the back end, Had dinner with MileHighShooter. It was great meeting Dan and enjoying a nice dinner talking guns and hunting. The restaurant owner recognized Dan and thank him for the brewery tour they had him and his staff had just received and said dinner was on them.

It's always great to put a face to a name.

Dan, many thanks for the dinner invite, I really enjoyed it.
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Jeff in TX wrote: »
    it's always great to meet up with fellow forum members. I'm here in Denver on a business trip on the front end buffalo hunt on the back end, Had dinner with MileHighShooter. It was great meeting Dan and enjoying a nice dinner talking guns and hunting. The restaurant owner recognized Dan and thank him for the brewery tour they had him and his staff had just received and said dinner was on them.

Oh You Be suckin' large time now Jeff! I have wanted to meet Dan for years. He's one of my all time favorite people here. Well I guess I could tell him the same thing about you. So you Both are Sucking the sides in on a shrimp net.

:jester:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Welcome to Danver :jester:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,917 Senior Member
    Good times and long lasting memories :up:
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    Right on! Dan gave me a great tour of his brewery when I was up there, too. Glad you guys got to meet up.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,946 Senior Member

Dan's a great guy, no doubt. I've had several good visits with him, including a goat hunt on the eastern plains of Colorado. He put a sneak on an antelope that was a sight to not see! Just don't ask him which way west is when he can't see the mountains and the sun is coming up. :jester:

BTW, I'd like to hear about your buffalo (bison) hunt. Linefinder and I did one a few years ago near Hartsel. It wasn't really a hunt, but more of a shoot.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,054 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Dan's a great guy, no doubt. I've had several good visits with him, including a goat hunt on the eastern plains of Colorado. He put a sneak on an antelope that was a sight to not see! Just don't ask him which way west is when he can't see the mountains and the sun is coming up. :jester:

BTW, I'd like to hear about your buffalo (bison) hunt. Linefinder and I did one a few years ago near Hartsel. It wasn't really a hunt, but more of a shoot.

Dan told me about your buffalo hunt. I've never been so it's my first. This will be my buddies 3rd. He told me the last one they drove for an hour in search of the herd and stalked almost a mile to take their shots. I'm hoping I have to work some for my hunt like he's done in the past. I'll post pictures and how it went!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,946 Senior Member
    Dan told me about your buffalo hunt. I've never been so it's my first. This will be my buddies 3rd. He told me the last one they drove for an hour in search of the herd and stalked almost a mile to take their shots. I'm hoping I have to work some for my hunt like he's done in the past. I'll post pictures and how it went!

Good luck. I hope you do more than what I did. We just drove around in a pasture in a line of about 30 vehicles taking our turn shooting the cow we wanted from a domesticated herd. It was strictly an exercise in collecting meat.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,693 Senior Member
    Nice! Have had the pleasure to do the same twice and it's very cool to meet these fellows, including their families.

Denver? Brewery? Hmmm...gonna be in CO in December, so a good double reason to arrange another meeting! :tooth:
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,805 Senior Member
    Antonio wrote: »
    Nice! Have had the pleasure to do the same twice and it's very cool to meet these fellows, including their families.

Denver? Brewery? Hmmm...gonna be in CO in December, so a good double reason to arrange another meeting! :tooth:

Just give me a heads up Antonio, I'll show you around my brewery!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »

This is factually correct. I can't find my my own left foot if I can't see the mountains lol.
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
    It was a great evening! Glad we got to share if Jeff. Looking forward to hearing about the bison hunt, and hopefully some pigs in January ;)
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,693 Senior Member
    Just give me a heads up Antonio, I'll show you around my brewery!

Will have to program my tight schedule, but it would be VERY nice, thanks! Beer's the only spirits my shrink allows me to have :jester:
    Antonio wrote: »
    Will have to program my tight schedule, but it would be VERY nice, thanks! Beer's the only spirits my shrink allows me to have :jester:

Well the beers are all on me, I'll take care of you
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,206 Senior Member
    I've had the good fortune to meet some fellow members myself. Always a pleasure, and hope to do so more often in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo: