Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Presidential Candidate Poll

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 902 Senior Member
Interesting, no votes. Seems several are quick to post concerns about some of the candidates, but afraid to vote anonymously of who they favor.

Who is your choice for Presidential Candidate for 2012? 37 votes

Mitt Romney
24% 9 votes
Newt Gingrich
32% 12 votes
Herman Cain
2% 1 vote
Rick Perry
0% 0 votes
Michele Bachman
5% 2 votes
Rick Santorum
0% 0 votes
John Huntsman
5% 2 votes
Ron Paul
29% 11 votes

Replies

  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    Well Herman has dropped out and still no one has taken the time to post who they support. I guess the non-posters are satisfied to let Obama be reelected.

    This is pathetic.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    :chill: This is the first time I had seen this poll. And for the record... Romney.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    I kinda like Rick Santorum. He's from my state of PA , and voted for him for Senator(he lost). But he's too religiously radical Republican for me to vote for President. He's very pro-gun , but staunchly anti-abortion , which costs him a lot of moderate votes.

    All the others are typical long time , long term , good ol' boy politicians. They are the problem , not the solution.

    I like what Michelle Bachman is saying. Staunch 2nd Amendment backer. Voted for National CCW reciprocity. Sponsored and co-sponsored several bills to help veterans.
  • joseph06joseph06 Member Posts: 133 Member
    John Huntsman is my favorite candidate, but I realize he doesn't have much chance to win. He might get a VP nomination, if he's lucky. Realistically, I think Romney is the only Repulican with a chance at winning in a general election. I think Romney gets a harder time from Republicans for some of his waffling on the health care issue, but that might win him some swing votes. Nobody who is on the fence about maybe voting Obama is going to vote Gingrich or Bachman, but they might vote Romney.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    Well Herman has dropped out and still no one has taken the time to post who they support. I guess the non-posters are satisfied to let Obama be reelected.

    This is pathetic.

    Can't vote. "None of the Above" is not listed as a choice. Cain is out; Newt soon to be out. The rest don't thrill me..............at all. By the time the primaries roll around here in fly-over country the field will have narrowed to a couple or three that I wouldn't trust to guard the contents under an outhouse, even if they were wearing a muzzle.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    Problem with Newt Gingrich is that once he really becomes a threat, his past criminal activity will become a big time issue.

    Perry won't get the Hispanic vote.

    Ain't enough women voters without other ties to vote in the woman.

    Ron Paul will only take votes away from some one else and lose the election as he has in the past. Statements mean Obummer gets elected.

    Who are the others again?
  • blueslide88blueslide88 Member Posts: 273 Member
    Limited number of votes, but note that Romney and Gingrich have 7 votes between them, the only candidates with more than 2 votes. It's pretty much as I see it, with Romney pushing out Gingrich. Romney can beat Obama, it seems to me, the only one with a clear chance to so in the general election. Vote Paul and vote for BO. Paulites seem to think Romney is no better than Obama. I disagree in the strongest of terms. FDR signed the Social Security Act in 1935. Johnson and his Demo cronies gave us Medicaid and Medicare in 1965. Obama and his Demo cronies gave us Obamacare, and wasted stimulus spending which fueled an ever-rising deficit combined with more and spending. To say that there's no difference between the Dems and the Repubs is nonsense. Obama MUST go, and I'll support whichever Republican gets the nod.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,391 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Umm, the WHOLE FORUM is slow at this time of the year. Which is likely why there are no votes.

    But I will weigh in, I support none of them. Ill more than likely vote for the lesser of two evils. Again.

    I think you mean "Vote against the evil of two lessers"

    Right there with ya bro.
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    " I think Romney gets a harder time from Republicans for some of his waffling on the health care issue,"

    Non of those clowns even understands healthcare.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Don't really care at this point....I'd vote for the drunk guy down the road if it meant getting Captain Clueless out of the oval office.
    The only problem I have with Romney is his past anti-gun activities as the Governor of Massachusetts...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Ron Paul all the way.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    Interesting, no votes. Seems several are quick to post concerns about some of the candidates, but afraid to vote anonymously of who they favor.

    Does it matter that folks won't vote on a silly Internet poll.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    You guys have to understand that Romney was a governor in liberal Massachusetts. In other words, he was elected by the people of that liberal state with their liberal values. President is a different ballgame. The country is a bit right of center. I am assuming that Romney will lead right of center. That is about the best we can get for now. Change is slow and incremental and I would rather have it going toward the direction that I want it to go as opposed to a lame duck liberal that no longer has to try and appease the center because he is not up for reelection (remember that the only reason Obama has not pursued gun control is because it would cost him the election-- if he is reelected, he is no longer constrained).

    Romney has an outstanding resume in the business world. He was an extremely bright student in college. He is a polished debater and can be totally ruthless if necessary. He would fillet Obama in a debate. The Romney name still carries weight here in the rust belt. His father was an automobile executive and a popular governor here in Michigan. There is a good chance he can win Michigan and Ohio just because of his name. All the skeletons in his closet were let out four years ago so there should not be any scandals.

    I think he has what it takes to win and a Romney presidency would sure beat the heck out of four more years of Obama.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Hey, you left off Obammy or Hillary if he drops out :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I picked Romney as default. He's acceptable I guess but that's about it. "Anyone who can beat Obama" would be my real choice and frankly I don't think that the other candidates have that potential. I just dread anothe 4 years of Obama and I'll back anyone who can change that.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    You guys have to understand that Romney was a governor in liberal Massachusetts.

    Soooo what you're saying is that he compromised his core principles when he signed the Mass. AWB into law?

    Humbly, I think the guy supports the 2A as long as it's good for his political aspirations...

    That being said...if it came to having to vote for him to keep Obama from another term in office...I'd certainly do it...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Medicine HatMedicine Hat Member Posts: 106 Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Umm, the WHOLE FORUM is slow at this time of the year. Which is likely why there are no votes.

    But I will weigh in, I support none of them. Ill more than likely vote for the lesser of two evils. Again.

    :up: What he said.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    OK, I voted, but Cain already dropped out :tooth::guns::usa::usa::usa:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Soooo what you're saying is that he compromised his core principles when he signed the Mass. AWB into law?

    Humbly, I think the guy supports the 2A as long as it's good for his political aspirations...

    I don't think he has a dog in this fight either way but is willing to go with whatever position will get him elected. There just isn't the political will to restrict modern sporting rifles anymore and I doubt he will go out of his way just to do so. While Obama hasn't done anything either, (yet) it is a stated goal of his administration and his political party.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    I don't have to choose yet, and there is no point in getting too excited about it until the anti-conservative political machine gets them thinned out a little more. But, having said that, they obviously want Romney or Huntsman to be the candidate, so I naturally favor them the least. Though I would dearly love to see Obama debate Gingrich, I expect he won't survive the character assassinations that are still ahead of him.

    In the end, I will vote however necessary to rescue the country from Obama, and just hope that the new guy will slow down this headlong rush towards mediocrity.
  • N320AWN320AW Senior Member Posts: 648 Senior Member
    I voted for Ron Paul, but Newt is my second choice.

    All the rest remind me of glossy publicity photos in the flesh!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Bisley, you're reading my mind. It's almost scary to read your post because it could very easily have been my own. I was all for giving Herman Cain my vote. I would have if he would have stayed in. I was hoping he wouldn't succum to the liberals tricks. But for whatever reasons he did. I know it was hard on his wife and family to be accused of all that, but I never bought it for a second. It was just to plain to me what was going on.

    They tried this same thing with Clarence Thomas and lost. But this time they won because it was just too painful for Cain and his family, and those scumbags knew it. They don't like a conservative black in a high position because it can prove their views wrong, which we know they are. The NAACP and the Democractic Party have kept the blacks shackled and down for going strong on 50 years and the truth be known more like 100. If Herman Cain would have debated Obama he would have killed him. And then blacks would have seen first hand how the Dems have kept them where they are. This is my opinion of that problem.

    However, since Cain is out, I'm going for Newt, if he can weather the character assassinations you mentioned. But I think he can. Because Clinton set a precedence that will help. And I think Cain could have conquered if he would have stayed in. But that all remains to be seen. If Newt can stand the pain, I think he will be our next president. No way Obama can survive that debate.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Does it matter that folks won't vote on a silly Internet poll.

    It may be silly to you, but I am curious how many gun owners on this poll view the candidates they have to choose from and who they think is the best qualified to be President.

    It is obvious to me that those who voted for Obama have no clue as to what qualifications are needed, such as leadership skills, executive experience, integrity, character, to name a few.

    If you needed brain surgery, would you pick someone that has never performed successful brain surgery?

    What are the most important issues that the next President will face and have to deal with, to prevent our nation from going bankrupt?
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Don't really care at this point....I'd vote for the drunk guy down the road if it meant getting Captain Clueless out of the oval office.
    The only problem I have with Romney is his past anti-gun activities as the Governor of Massachusetts...

    :that::agree: Agreed Jayhawker,, we don't need anyone in office now a days who isn't 100% behind the 2nd Amendment,and who isn't 100% pro-gun!!! including our president.
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    Well Herman has dropped out and still no one has taken the time to post who they support. I guess the non-posters are satisfied to let Obama be reelected.

    This is pathetic.

    So if we don't vote in your poll, it means we are satisfied to let obama get reelected. Pretty objective thinking on your part. You're certainly in the right forum.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,188 Senior Member
    I hate to say this, but I do not believe these type of polls carry much weight.
    In the long run, it comes down to the fact that many of the people that never voted before in their life, registered and voted for our current President for one reason and one reason only. They will do the same again for the next election. These people do not take polls, they have no idea who the other people running are or what they stand for.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Ron Paul all the way.

    Do believe the U.S. influenced the attack on 9-11?

    Are you critical of the past use of water boarding? And critical of advocating outreach to Iran despite its nuclear ambitions?

    Do you believe that Iran doesn't have a bomb?. Suggesting there's no proof, regardless of a recent report. And for the U.S. to overreact and to talk about bombing Iran?

    [URL=" http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-blames-flawed-us-policies-9-11-195517229.html"] http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-blames-flawed-us-policies-9-11-195517229.html[/URL]

    If so then Ron Paul is your man.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    Do believe the U.S. influenced the attack on 9-11?

    Are you critical of the past use of water boarding? And critical of advocating outreach to Iran despite its nuclear ambitions?

    Do you believe that Iran doesn't have a bomb?. Suggesting there's no proof, regardless of a recent report. And for the U.S. to overreact and to talk about bombing Iran?

    [URL=" http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-blames-flawed-us-policies-9-11-195517229.html"] http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-blames-flawed-us-policies-9-11-195517229.html[/URL]

    If so then Ron Paul is your man.


    If you believe in limited federal government, or the Constitution should be adhered to in all government endeavors (including military intervention), or the Bill of Rights is intended to protect citizens from government interference, then Ron Paul is your man.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

    Adam J. McCleod


Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement