Home Main Category Personal Defense

2 more officers killed in Palm Springs...

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,392 Senior Member
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    To bad the scum survived the standoff.

Prayers for the families.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    To bad the scum survived the standoff.

Prayers for the families.

According to this morning's news, he's still at large. From what I've learned, as unfortunate as the incident was, it was avoidable. When the officers knocked on the door, the perp refused to open the door and threatened to kill them. Rather than retreat to a safe position to continue, the officers stayed at the door to negotiate and the perp made good his threat. My prayers go out to the families of the officers and I pray that other officers adhere to protocol and avoid unnecessary risks that could get them injured or killed.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,147 Senior Member
    John Felix killed two police officers and wounded a third. Why is there little information besides he was a gang member, and spent time in prison and no pictures available?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,813 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel2::angel2:
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 362 Member
    Suspect taken into custody, full name is John Hernandez Felix, picture on the link. Suspect known and convicted gang member and previous murderer. The news story, of course, leads off with him having body armor and "high capacity" magazines, but it's the LA Times, they want everyone to be as helpless as California.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-palm-springs-shooting-20161008-snap-story.html
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Another scumbag survives the arrest process- - - - -and will probably be back on the street before the ink dries on the paperwork!
    :cuss:
    Jerry
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Another scumbag survives the arrest process- - - - -and will probably be back on the street before the ink dries on the paperwork!
    :cuss:
    Jerry

But the bad part is, the very people that give these jerks a pass are the ones that want to take our guns away.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 362 Member
    He's just 'misunderstood"...