Home Main Category Hunting

Lookie who came to visit

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,653 Senior Member
First pic isn't great, but it looks like there's some "headgear" on it.
The next 2 are from a different camera on the same field
IMG_0005_zpsxtmkehxy.jpg
IMG_0029_zps4j78nqvw.jpg
IMG_0051_zpssvjrtxuo.jpg

The time lapse on the first camera has shown deer every afternoon. Mostly does and fawns during daylight
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,653 Senior Member
    If you look at the time stamps between the first 2, it's POSSIBLY the same deer. The second camera is mounted on one of the poles on the left left side of the pole barn you see in the first pic (second post on the left side)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    First pic is definitely a buck. Nice to see them moving about!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    First pic is definitely a buck. Nice to see them moving about!
    That was my thought as well, but it's not irrefutable, so I figured I'd let folks make their own decision about it.
    Bow season opens Saturday, I probably won't go until Sunday afternoon though. Due to the wreck (woman hitting the deck), my injuries from it and 2 surgeries afterwards, we didn't get to hunt much last season, and the 1- 7pt I shot 11/27 was all we got, so we are LOW on venison :tissue:

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Hopefully, you're fully recovered and ready to go. Sounds like you need to make up for lost time and even the score.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,190 Senior Member
    The Emperor has no clothes - the pix don't appear!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    I don't give a flip about the deer! What I find very interesting in the photography is the date, time and......TEMPERATURE! Hurry up, cold weather, get here!:tooth: I'm tired of the long, hot record breaking summer that we've had right up to last week!
    Yep, taking care of the carcass, if I'm successful, will have to be done QUICKLY.

I guess I'm the only one who can't see the pix...

Odd!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    You normally have trouble with photobucket?

I'll attach them for you in a moment

Sorry it took so long to attach them. They were too large, so I had to crop them.

Nice!

No, normally Photobucket works fine - but your first post is text only! I read somewhere in the last couple of days that PB was "acting strange".

Anyway, thanx for the direct post - nice lookin' deer!

zorba wrote: »
    Nice!

No, normally Photobucket works fine - but your first post is text only! I read somewhere in the last couple of days that PB was "acting strange".

Anyway, thanx for the direct post - nice lookin' deer!
    Glad to help another member out :beer: and you're welcome
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    PB is giving me heartburn right now. Can't post the pics of the knives I put up for sale in the classifieds :cuss:
    Not surprising

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,381 Senior Member
    Looks like you have a good chance of restocking the freezer
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Looks like you have a good chance of restocking the freezer
    Hopefully so. Though since I got one last season, and the wife didn't, I'm more concerned that SHE gets one (or more)

2 Does (marked with approximate range) and the 2 fawns normally show up with the closest doe.

I also marked the pole where the 2nd camera is. It is pointing further down the field away from this camera
    10-11%20afternoon_zpses6pn6bk.jpg

and for Zorba :tooth:

knitepoet wrote: »
    and for Zorba :tooth:

I can see the PB image - INCLUDING in the original post that I couldn't see before! Nothing changed here, had to have been something with either PB or the forum itself. *shrug*

I can see the PB image - INCLUDING in the original post that I couldn't see before! Nothing changed here, had to have been something with either PB or the forum itself. *shrug*
    Hey, at least I thought about you :beer:

Man this drought has made for a couple of SAD looking "green fields" :tissue:

Hey, at least I thought about you :beer:
    'Preciate it! :applause:

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Good luck Sunday!
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,187 Senior Member
    I remember that place Paul. Looks like your/her prospects are good for the season. Luck to you both.

I am in Zorba's camp ( never thought I would post that up!) in that the original pics didn't show up in your first post. Finally saw them when you posted up thumbnails in post #12.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    orchidman wrote: »
    I remember that place Paul. Looks like your/her prospects are good for the season. Luck to you both.
    Thank you, my friend :beer:

orchidman wrote: »
    I am in Zorba's camp ( never thought I would post that up!)
    :yikes:

Is it going to be a "not pink" dress next time?
    :rotflmao:

early wrote: »
    Good luck Sunday!
    Thank you :beer:

:yikes:

Is it going to be a "not pink" dress next time?
    :rotflmao:
    Skirt, dangit, SKIRT!!! :tooth:

Skirt, dangit, SKIRT!!! :tooth:
    :roll2: