Pork, it's whats for dinner.

tubabucknuttubabucknut BannedPosts: 3,520 Senior Member
I put these guys on at 7:30 this morning. Should provide excellent eats for the Ohio State game this evening.

It has been way too hot to consider smoking anything. I have been dreaming about these shoulders for the last month. If the weather stays cool I will do 4 briskets in a few weeks. This will tide me over, with pulled pork and brisket until spring sometime.
It's because I hate Trump.

Replies

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Update. Six hours in.

• JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,331 Senior Member
    Nice!! Bet they'll be good. I need to get some meat out of the freezer and cook something tomorrow....
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,132 Senior Member
    Looking tasty :drool:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,131 Senior Member
    We were taking our son and his wife to dinner tonight. He turned 28 on Thursday. But I think we'll head over to your place instead! :drool2:
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
    We were taking our son and his wife to dinner tonight. He turned 28 on Thursday. But I think we'll head over to your place instead! :drool2:

Head on over. There are six shoulders in the smoker, so I might have some extra.:jester: the commute might be a bit harsh one coast to another.:driving:
    Internal temp is now 180. Once they get to 190 I will start glazing two of them with a test glaze. Once they hit 200 I will start poking them to test how easy they will pull. Getting close.:drool2:
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,131 Senior Member
    Well...I've been wanting to go on a road trip ever since alpha's journey.
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
    Best batch yet. Finally got one of the six up to temp. Made a special secret BBQ sauce and life is awesome. Now if the game is this good I am In for a great evening.

Eta the pic.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    That looks good enough to have without a side dish.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,832 Senior Member
    Looks GOOD
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,252 Senior Member
    Looks tasty. I guess Yankees do know how to cook pork properly....
    Overkill is underrated.
    Thanks guys. The bark was perfect. I hope the briskets turn out just as good in a few weeks.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Here's a couple of suggestions on that pork BBQ- - - - -try an injection marinade of cider vinegar, kosher salt, garlic, and cayenne pepper. I make mine in a blender, with 1/2 cup of vinegar, 2 TBSP ground cayenne, 1 TBSP minced garlic, and 2 TBSP salt. Blend on high speed for several minutes, and inject the whole volume into the meat with an infusion needle. Marinade overnight in the refrigerator, then allow the meat to come to room temperature before going into the smoker. I also catch the drippings in a Pyrex roasting pan with a wire rack in it and add some of it to the pulled meat to moisten it instead or letting it drip into the smoker.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Thanks for the recipe Teach. I have not done any injection marinades with pork yet. We do them with chicken and turkey all the time. I will give it a try.