Home Main Category Hunting

Sunday's moose hunt

TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula MemberPosts: 293 Member
Hello again!

This sunday was filled with mixed feelings. I saw a lot of game today. 5 deers and two moose. In the morning when we had green light for both the moose and deer I saw one doe deer but it was too far away to shoot. On second drive I saw one 12 spike buck but we don't have any licenses left for deer buck. This one parked himself to 20 yards from me and showed his broad side. I'm pretty sure he showed me his tongue too...
On third and last drive I saw two moose, but I couldn't take the shot as there were too much branches between us. A couple of minutes later I saw two does and at the end of the third drive one doe deer came to 25 yards but we had agreed that we'll be shooting moose only on our last drive all I could do is to watch her to wiggle her tail to me as she left me there. Alone in the woods.

All in all, we got two moose today. Calf and a young(ish) four spike bull. He weighted 385 lbs after the butchering.

When I got home my dear wife (tm) had prepared a meal out of the moose. Of course... Grilled thin slices out of sirloin with fries and some veggies. Topped with chili béarnaise sauce. Tasted great. Until the next weekend!

To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
-William Blake-

Replies