Home Main Category Hunting

My Hunting Season Opens With A Bang

2»

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,082 Senior Member
    Nice shot, are you done deer hunting for the season or can you get multiple tags?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,151 Senior Member
    Great detail on your hunting story and congrats on a successful hunt!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    Rocketman wrote: »
    Nice shot placement. Did you clip or severe his spine by chance?

I was lazy on this hunt. I took it to the Processer for cleaning & butchering. I like it because he packs them in air tight 1lb packs that will not get freezer burn.

It didn't sever the spinal column. That hollow point sure did drop him though.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Nice shot, are you done deer hunting for the season or can you get multiple tags?

We are not on a tag system here, unless you get a doe tag for private land, which we do get. But, we have doe days as well. Bucks are not limited except for a daily bag limit of 2, and a possession limit of 4. I could theoretically take 2 bucks a day all season. Finding that man may be a problem. When guns start going off these guys tend to retreat into the very thick brush and swamps. Good luck getting to them.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
    Jeff in TX wrote: »
    Great detail on your hunting story and congrats on a successful hunt!

Thanks Jeff, I do appreciate it.