Home Main Category Hunting

Kudos to Tenpoint/Wicked Ridge CS

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,653 Senior Member
I just found out about last years recall of some of their crossbows due to an issue with the safety. Mine happens to be one of them. While taking it apart to send the stock/trigger group back to them for repair (on their dime) the "Cable guard" that rides in the stock broke.

Looked it up online, and the part is $9 with $10.15 shipping and handling :yikes:

Called them today and explained what happened, and asked if there was any way I could just have them drop it in the box when they return my bow and cut down on the shipping charge?
The nice lady I spoke with said she was afraid they would forget in the repair dept, since I did the return shipping label online and they do not have an RA work order for me yet. So she suggested, "How about I just mail it out to you at no charge today, and you'll have it when you get the rest of your bow back from us?" Of course I agreed, and thanked her profusely.

So while it's aggravating having to take my crossbow apart and send it to them, they're doing their best to take care of me, IMO. So I thought I'd share my experience with them.
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    It's always good when they take care of you like that. I really do hate that they even list a shipping charge that high for a small part, but if they take care of you then it's no worry. Sounds like they got it right.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,653 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Sounds like they got it right.
    I have no complaints :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Good to know!

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    Good to know!

Luis

You can't ask for anything more than that. Well I mean I guess you could ask but I don't think you would have much luck. In other words you can't really beat it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.