Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

"Mad Dog" Mattis for Sec of Def...maybe I hope so.

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
Good man, fine American and a Great Marine leader. :usa: :usa:

Aw, he said some harsh things to keep our country safe..........no quarter fer Islamofacist...........how dare he.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/11/20/trump-mad-dog-mattis-very-impressive-secdef-candidate.html
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    One of some good choices on Trump's short list.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,702 Senior Member
    I hear he met with the President-elect yesterday.

When he walked up to him, did he grab Pres. Trump by the *****?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Mad Dog Mattis would be an EXCELLENT choice for SecDef post. He's one helluva commander, and you'd have to go a long way to find anyone with more love for the troops and military in general. The Marines respect him a LOT and that says something really good about him. And if he is the next SecDef the Islamofascists will be squirting like they have explosive diarrhea, and that's a good thing.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,702 Senior Member
    Saw a pic of him on Instagram suggesting he'd be better for Secretary of Agriculture.

Because Mattis knows what makes the grass grow.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Saw a pic of him on Instagram suggesting he'd be better for Secretary of Agriculture.

Because Mattis knows what makes the grass grow.

If the Marines, and other services, are turned loose with acceptable rules of engagement, the grass will be head high to a tall giraffe shortly. And that is a positive thing.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,664 Senior Member
    "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes : If you #$%^ with me, I'll kill you all" General Mattis to the Iraqi people....

Any guy who would utter this stuff is a perfect candidate for Sec Def in my world...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” Gen Mattis
    “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some "A-holes" in the world that just need to be shot.”
    “You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn’t wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain’t got no manhood left anyway. So it’s a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually it’s quite fun to fight them, you know. It’s a hell of a hoot. It’s fun to shoot some people. I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling."

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/the-best-from-mad-dog-mattis/
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,812 Senior Member
    The military, in my opinion, should be viewed as a weapon, period. When the representative of the majority who is the CIC decides to go to guns, the military should be ready to kill people and break things, as directed. Until that time, the weapon needs to be properly maintained and ready for use.

This guy seems to go along with that idea, so I like him...for now, anyway.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    The military, in my opinion, should be viewed as a weapon, period. When the representative of the majority who is the CIC decides to go to guns, the military should be ready to kill people and break things, as directed. Until that time, the weapon needs to be properly maintained and ready for use.

^^^^^^ This. They are NOT police. They are NOT mediators. They are NOT "nation rebuilders", or "advisors". They are meant to go someplace and make bad guys dead. Nothing more, nothing less.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,272 Senior Member
    Jeeper wrote: »
    ^^^^^^ This. They are NOT police. They are NOT mediators. They are NOT "nation rebuilders", or "advisors". They are meant to go someplace and make bad guys dead. Nothing more, nothing less.

Luis

With purpose!!
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    With purpose!!

And with ROE that lets them kill ANYTHING OR ANYONE that appears to be acting in a way detrimental to the health and well being of the troops.
    ― Douglas Adams